This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

To be honest, is buying a HD remake for trophies a waste of money?

#1BladeDog911Posted 4/14/2013 10:05:21 PM
I kind of have OSD when it comes to trophies. When I bought DMC4 from steam i was like noooooooo when I realized it had no trophies. But then again, I have 43 hours of fun for 6 dollars so i don't really care. I have dmc1-3, kh1-2, and ff10~10-2. I was thinking of rebuying the games on hd because the trophies, but....i don;t know if i should do it.

Its like I want all my games to have achievements/trophies. I think I need help.
#2Neonwarrior1243Posted 4/14/2013 10:12:51 PM
Well KH1/2 and FFX/X2 will be the versions that only Japan got so they're better unless you have a modded PS2 and can read Japanese or used an English patch.

For DMC I think the HD collections people didn't like that much though I haven't played it since I don't really like the games that much.
#3kingofall214Posted 4/14/2013 10:13:35 PM
I don't think so. You get 2 or 3 games for $40. If anything it's a good thing that you played them before as you know you enjoyed them. I would buy a GTA HD collection today if it had trophies.

Now if you didn't enjoy the game and your just trying to get an easy plat then I would say it's not worth the money.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
#4BurgerTime79Posted 4/14/2013 10:14:36 PM
It's your own choice, and you're the one claiming you have OCD. Whether or not it's self diagnosed or you legitimately have it is a moot point. All this will really do is get the trolls to crawl out of the woodwork to attack your preference.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#5NHDrumline17Posted 4/14/2013 10:14:37 PM
I look it as future proofing those games. Though the PS4 will not be BC, I have a feeling down the line that PSN games could be converted to Gaikai games, allowing my digital HD remakes to (possibly) become playable in the future.

Either way, they improve the game experience and allows me to not have to plug in an older system to enjoy the game.
---
PSN: NHDrumline17
3DS: 5455-9428-8989
#6Raven_CyarmPosted 4/14/2013 10:15:10 PM
Yep.
---
You're not the official anything of any board.
No-one cares about your PC specs either.
#7boredofyouPosted 4/14/2013 10:17:56 PM
If you wanna play those games again then go for it.
---
If you fell for it, it isn't cheap. It is just something that works on you. Adapt.. Or curl up in the fetal position, your call.
#8riddlebox89Posted 4/14/2013 10:19:58 PM(edited)
Lets see, you already own the games and are only interested in buying the HD re-release versions for trophies, which hold absolutely no value, give you nothing in the game for earning them and don't earn you some kind of points to use on the PSN store to buy stuff without using actual money.

So...yeah IMO buying an HD re-release just for trophies when you already own the game is a waste of money.

But hey, it's your money, I can't tell you what you can and can't spend it on.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#9NightwishPosted 4/14/2013 11:36:29 PM
Depends on the game, truly classic games are even better when trophies are added and the visuals are updated like mgs hd collection (the best hd re-release IMO). And don't let the people who say trophies are pointless get to you, they have just as much value as a K/D ratio or getting a high level in an RPG. As much value as you want it to have.
---
PSN: Xnightwish XBL: Xnightwish
#10Alky88Posted 4/14/2013 11:38:35 PM
Yes, it is. However the KH collection and the FFX collection will offer much more than just trophies.
---
"Official Jill Valentine of the MvC3 boards!"