This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I used to be a trophy ******

#51SpoonSportsPosted 4/16/2013 6:03:11 PM
warrenmats posted...
I like collecting trophies, but I only try to get platinum trophies for games I actually like.

Same here. Most of the games I play are games I look forward and end up enjoying, so eventually I will platinum it. I don't understand why people would buy games just for trophies.

I can understand if their was an incentive, maybe more unlockable avatars or themes for your PS3. Probably could start a rewards program for it.
---
Calvin and Hobbes - Greatest comic I ever read!
JRSC 1988 Honda CRX ZC Tuned & Built by: HybridWerks
#52Saiyan_EmperorPosted 4/16/2013 9:15:38 PM
Ah yes I only get trophies for games I like, to be honest the only platinum out of my 44 that's from a game I do not really like is Jak 2
---
http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/08/22/ape-escape-hd-collection/
^Please vote
#53CH3L0_(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 9:45:19 PM
rockyoumonkeys posted...
Never got into trophies.

I was a huge achievement whore for X360, because it all boiled down to a number, and even seeing the individual achievements was a snap. But the PS3 makes (made? have they fixed it?) you load/reload/reload trophies every time you want to see them, and it's just not worth it.

In my opinion seeing how many bronze, silver, gold and platinum trophies a person has its better than a random number. But they're both the same no?
---
PSN: CH3L0_
#54playboyskitchPosted 4/16/2013 10:01:07 PM
I used to be a normal gamer, then after i plat'd FFXIII (about a year later, i subbed to Gamefly), i became a trophy whore, now i have 101 plats and still trying to catch up with my huge backlog, good thing the next game i'm buying isn't until June >.> i have easy, hard, and time consuming plats (looking at you WKC). I still have like 40+ PSN freebies i have to 100% and they keep building every week.. GAH!

http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/WhiteTiamat
---
"But just when everyone had let their guard down, a vast number of AIDA tentacles have appeared and pierced Atoli's body...."
#55RocketZXbluePosted 4/17/2013 5:16:53 AM
holy crap 22 platinums in 2 years!? that's INSANE
the easiest one i got is Trine 2.
the game i'll probably not platinum is midnight club LA, cause the population is dead...
right now i'm playing Disgaea 4 which so far seems like the longest Plat for me to get. 250 hours into it and still not platinum! but i'm not playing it for that, the game itself is RIDICULOUS with it's lv9999 caps and diving into item worlds and reincarnating and doing it AGAIN and AGAIN. oh and the seemingly impossible strongest boss who has max stats on highest difficulty, and he revives 3 times. even if you do beat him, the rematch has that boss TIMES 5!!!
I think i'm done with trophies unless it's part of the normal gameplay.
---
3DS FC: 4098 - 2370 - 5638 looking for 3DS friends PM ME.
Admin of StreetPass San Jose Facebook page.
#56LeadPipeCinchePosted 4/17/2013 7:43:38 AM
ive got gamefly and i rent a disney game for kids between every 2 or 3 games that i get for me. ill sit and play them with my kids and they are fun as hell to play. the only problem ive seen on most of the disney games is the camera angles.

played Term Salv about half a year ago just to see what the "its so easy" fuss was about it. while the list for it is "easy" because its only 11 or 12 trophies that game is no damn way "easy". its riddled with a crummy source code so you can reload the game over and over until you get "dumb AI" instead of "awesomely cheap kill AI".
---
My little men: Hayden Alexander Steele (born: 8/9/2006 at 8:38AM) & Conner Leigh Steele (born: 10/7/2008 at 9:16pm).
#57rockyoumonkeysPosted 4/17/2013 7:58:59 AM
CH3L0_ posted...
rockyoumonkeys posted...
Never got into trophies.

I was a huge achievement whore for X360, because it all boiled down to a number, and even seeing the individual achievements was a snap. But the PS3 makes (made? have they fixed it?) you load/reload/reload trophies every time you want to see them, and it's just not worth it.

In my opinion seeing how many bronze, silver, gold and platinum trophies a person has its better than a random number.

If you care that much, sure I suppose. But there's nothing on this whole planet I care less about than how many trophies or achievement points some other dude has. And I care about what I have only very slightly more.

Like I said, a number is enough for me. And it's only ever interesting when I'm approaching a milestone, like with car miles. If I have like 45,395, I don't care. If I have like 49,500, I'll perk up a little bit. Once it rolls over to 50K, I stop caring again.
---
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: Great North Road, P. Hamilton
#58Dorfmann_Posted 4/17/2013 8:05:31 AM
I still enjoy earning trophies, but not enough to go too far out of my way to achieve them. If I like the game enough and the trophies aren't outrageous, I'll go for the platinum. The only game I ever played with the sole intention of earning the easy platinum was Trine 2 and much to my surprise, I ended up really enjoying the game.
---
PSN - Dorfmann