This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Even though FPSs get a bad rap these days, what's your favorite this gen?

#1tonyalmaedaPosted 4/15/2013 8:58:41 AM
And why?

Killzone2 and MAG tied.

MAG, because of the 3 factions. I started out with S.V.e.R. on the beta and never left. Because you didnt always have to get kills to rank up. And the potential for a sequel it had. And how the 256 maps where somehow controlled chaos.

Killzone2, was the AI. That game was difficult because of the CPU being good not cheap. The music and sound where movie like. The chatter from the Helghast all the way to the echoes of the gunfire in the hallways and the explosions. The graphics ,naturally, made me feel like I was an ant in this big world. And the Physics. Simply to this day, the BEST and most Realistic Death animations Iver ever seen.
---
Lord Major General Tonyalmaeda of the Royal Overlord Guard/PSN jezandjac and Senior Sony Rep.
Personal and UNMATACHED Assassin for the Overlord
#2DonomegaPosted 4/15/2013 9:01:00 AM
Farcry 3
---
PSN: RobbieDaCool | Wii U: RobDaCool | 3DS: 0903-4184-6816
http://i.imgur.com/j77KCo6.png
#3MrSmadSmartAlexPosted 4/15/2013 9:05:46 AM
Bioshock. Great atmosphere, story, music, etc., rather than just being another brown military MP thing.
#4cirkmetroidPosted 4/15/2013 9:09:01 AM
Bioshock was great. It's the kind of video game where I thought, "wow, I want more of this content..."

I wanted there to be a book, movie, etc.
---
PSN: Cirkustanz
Really difficult games used to inspire us to become better at those games. Now...people just whine and complain. Such is the times.
#5ScreamingMidgetPosted 4/15/2013 9:10:14 AM
Bioshock series.Because they are the only good FPSes in existence.
#6MarcosAKAshortyPosted 4/15/2013 9:11:23 AM
Battlefield Bad Company 2: Was very fun with friends and it was very nice to play that game over Call of Duty for a change. I had a lot more fun with the Bad Company series than I did with Battlefield 3.

Killzone 3 Multiplayer Demo: I just bought a PS3 so I haven't tried any exclusives really but the multiplayer.... AWESOME! I love it so far. I think this can be one of my favorite shooters this generation just for multiplayer. I've been told this game gets old quickly though. Still wished I had a few extra dollars to get it eventually.

I also thought MAG was great. I had it for a while but didn't play it much. Maybe not my favorite but I think it's a game that should be mentioned.
#7Sp8cemanSpiffPosted 4/15/2013 9:12:15 AM
The Darkness 2
---
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. -C.S. Lewis
#8nonexistingheroPosted 4/15/2013 9:13:54 AM
ScreamingMidget posted...
Bioshock series.Because they are the only good FPSes in existence.

You must not care much about gameplay then.

Anyhow, I don't know what my favourite FPS is of this gen. I had some fun with Unreal Tournament 3, Metroid Prime 3, Halo 3, Goldeneye 007 (Wii re-imagination), some weird alien game on Wiiware that I can't remember the name of and the original Bioshock.

No fps game truly stood out for me though. Well, except for Perfect Dark Zero. Not superb, but I enjoyed it more than any other fps this generation.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#9MrSmadSmartAlexPosted 4/15/2013 9:15:07 AM
cirkmetroid posted...
Bioshock was great. It's the kind of video game where I thought, "wow, I want more of this content..."

I wanted there to be a book, movie, etc.

There actually is a book, which is a prequel to the game. I'll give it a read sometime, but my book backlog is even worse than my game backlog.
#10PsychoWolfXPosted 4/15/2013 9:26:44 AM
Bioshock was the first game I played this gen back in 2007 on my Xbox 360 arcade system. May it rest in peace.