This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

so, since the hype train is gone, how was ascension?

#1NightwishPosted 4/16/2013 1:49:53 AM
just ordered a gow bundle ps3 since my bluray drive is dead, just wondering how normal people felt about ascension? i read the ign review and it seemed a bit nitpicky
---
PSN: Xnightwish XBL: Xnightwish
#2Stouffer1Posted 4/16/2013 1:52:32 AM
Solid single player as expected. Yes, more of the same, but an enjoyable game. Camera issues are justified at times.

Never even redeemed the online pass, so can't comment on the mp side.
#3SophisticationPosted 4/16/2013 1:56:47 AM
Loved it. Best Gow on console... almost as good as Gos, but not up to par. Graphically it's the best looking console game I've ever seen. Fantastic game.
---
As a true Sophistocrat I am commissioned to spread my success, fame, savvy and arrogance across the land-- Gamefaq's, you are welcome.
PSN:sophistocrat
#4angry_cowtipperPosted 4/16/2013 1:58:18 AM
More like an unhype train. It's a God of War game, every bit as impressive as III graphically, and in spectacle. It gets marked down because it's glitchy, and unpolished compared to previous titles (some of which I've experienced myself, like Kratos falling through floors). I also didn't like the whole elemental system.
---
Don't Starve (PC), Okami HD (PS3), Halo: Reach (360), Dungeon Defenders (AND), Gravity Rush (VITA)
#5Nightwish(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 2:01:46 AM
Sophistication posted...
Loved it. Best Gow on console... almost as good as Gos, but not up to par. Graphically it's the best looking console game I've ever seen. Fantastic game.

how was the length of the single player?
---
PSN: Xnightwish XBL: Xnightwish
#6SophisticationPosted 4/16/2013 2:06:50 AM
Nightwish posted...
Sophistication posted...

I'm not a rusher... I don't race thru any game. I died a lot, more so towards the end during the trials before the patch. It took me a little under 12 hours. When I say it's good, it really is a stand out for the series. It got every single thing right and that's hard for a prequel to do.

I was ready to dismiss this series after gow 3... I'm glad I didn't.
---
As a true Sophistocrat I am commissioned to spread my success, fame, savvy and arrogance across the land-- Gamefaq's, you are welcome.
PSN:sophistocrat
#7SDFan18Posted 4/16/2013 2:43:42 AM
The MP portion is quite fun and different as well. There's even some online co-op challenges with Trial of the Gods that are pretty fun, too.
---
"Welcome to nowhere and finding out where it is."
http://psnprofiles.com/BBFaNaTiC86
#8freesithPosted 4/16/2013 2:44:07 AM
Nightwish posted...
Sophistication posted...

it's the shortest among gow 1-3.
good not great
#9SDFan18Posted 4/16/2013 2:46:16 AM
freesith posted...
It's the shortest among gow 1-3.

GoW 1 alone is significantly shorter than Ascension.
---
"Welcome to nowhere and finding out where it is."
http://psnprofiles.com/BBFaNaTiC86
#10freesithPosted 4/16/2013 2:48:37 AM
SDFan18 posted...
freesith posted...
It's the shortest among gow 1-3.

GoW 1 alone is significantly shorter than Ascension.

lol