This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

so, since the hype train is gone, how was ascension?

#31DelsinRowePosted 4/16/2013 8:58:23 AM
Soliquidus posted...
DelsinRowe posted...
Sophistication is praising a game? Holy s***.

He has praised other games before. So what's the big deal?

All I ever see from him is negative stuff. Out of curiosity, what kind of games does he praise?
---
You are not in control.
#32SoliquidusPosted 4/16/2013 9:06:03 AM
He praised one of the greatest games this gen, and what is one of my favorite games of all time. So for that alone, I have some sort of respect for the guy

This game I speak of is Vanquish. The most skill based and intuitive TPS of all time, with jaw dropping Set Piece Moments, and it all controls soooooo buttery smooth. One of the greatest games this gen? Yeah. Most definitely
---
PS3 without Immersion lacks Rumble and PS3 without Rumble lacks Immersion. Finally Sony did the right thing
#33shagadelicPosted 4/16/2013 9:31:43 AM
Didn't enjoy nearly as much as other GoW games. The combat really got to me. The concept of hit-stun on enemies was almost non-existent with enemies ignoring hits and hitting you right out of your combos.

The new combat system where half of your moves were locked until the rage meter was filled was what made it that much more frustrating since you lost rage (and your most powerful moves) just by taking a hit.

This wouldn't have been as big an issue if you could cancel your attacks into dodge or block but after pressing attack twice the third hit in any combo was non-cancelable so you just had to sit there and watch as an enemy ignored your blades and depleted your rage meter.
#34Nightwish(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 10:34:38 AM
hrj posted...
Sophistication posted...
Loved it. Best Gow on console... almost as good as Gos, but not up to par. Graphically it's the best looking console game I've ever seen. Fantastic game.

Sophistication being positive towards a ps3 exclusive game :-O
Well,I agree on this one.

To be fair, he's not THAT bad when he isn't fully into his sophistication act.
---
PSN: Xnightwish XBL: Xnightwish
#35SoliquidusPosted 4/16/2013 5:34:53 PM
shagadelic posted...
Didn't enjoy nearly as much as other GoW games. The combat really got to me. The concept of hit-stun on enemies was almost non-existent with enemies ignoring hits and hitting you right out of your combos.

The new combat system where half of your moves were locked until the rage meter was filled was what made it that much more frustrating since you lost rage (and your most powerful moves) just by taking a hit.

This wouldn't have been as big an issue if you could cancel your attacks into dodge or block but after pressing attack twice the third hit in any combo was non-cancelable so you just had to sit there and watch as an enemy ignored your blades and depleted your rage meter.

I agree with this
---
PS3 without Immersion lacks Rumble and PS3 without Rumble lacks Immersion. Finally Sony did the right thing
#36CorathTheHungPosted 4/16/2013 5:55:33 PM
StickyJumper posted...
god of war is pretty much dynasty warriors

except it's not an open field, but a linear path to the end of the level

button mash to win

You haven't played it.
---
Mods cannot hold me
Terms of Use cannot control me