This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Old school Castlevania Fans I need your help.

#11319_13055Posted 4/16/2013 5:14:26 AM
First I would like to say I never used to like the Castlevania series mainly because I wasn't really into 2D side scrolling games and the games always seemed to lack story, But then Castlevania lords of shadow come out and I loved it, So when they announced Castlevania mirror of fate I was very excited about it but then I found out it was a 2D side scroller so my excitement lowered but because I loved the new universe I decided to get it solely for the story, And when I played it I was very surprised at how much I was actually enjoying it so on a whim I decided to give the old Castlevania another shot and bought all the games I could find.

This is a list of the Castlevania games I now currently own

Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
Castlevania:Curse of Darkness
Castlevania symphony of the night
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles
Castlevania - Aria of Sorrow
Castlevania Harmony of dissonance
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow
Castlevania: CIRCLE OF THE MOON
Castlevania Judgement
Castlevania lords of shadow
Castlevania mirror of fate
And I have Castlevania lords of shadow 2 Pre-Ordered

I have heard of two others, Castlevania REbirth and Castlevania Harmony of despair but both are downloadable games which I despise and I hear that Castlevania Harmony of despair is just a multiplayer game and not a real Castlevania game.

So my question is there any games I have missed or should try?

P.S please don't suggest any NES or SNES games as there are only a few games on those consoles that I can actually tolerate. Thanks

Edit: I posted this on the 3DS board and someone suggested Castevania 64 and Castlevania Legacy of Darkness which I am now getting so are there any other Castlevania games I should get?
#2goemon1977Posted 4/16/2013 5:34:28 AM
The only ones missing from your list are the oldies like Castlevania 1-3, Super Castlevania 4, and Castlevania Bloodlines for the Genesis. Also Haunted Castle, however you have played the recent ones. How about the N64 ones?
---
Wii U ID goemon12677
#3superbuu3Posted 4/16/2013 5:36:18 AM
How could you not own Castlevania : Bloodlines aka the new generation?

Run out and buy it now. No time to write a reply to this topic.
---
razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A chilled out forum where basically anything goes. (Members have greater access and no ads).
#41319_13055(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 5:46:05 AM
superbuu3 posted...

Just checked it out looks good thanks for the suggestion i'll go get it now.
#5656stoogePosted 4/16/2013 5:53:25 AM
Hmm. The only ones I've played are Rondo of Blood and SoTN (and the new one, but that was meh)...so I just ordered all of them online.

Should I do a complete series marathon? I've been thinking of doing that with a series for a while now. I was going to do a 2D Mario one though as I've never finished one before.
---
How to treat a woman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syRQ7iShpzY
#6superbuu3Posted 4/16/2013 5:53:56 AM
1319_13055 posted...
superbuu3 posted...

Its one of my favourite ones. Cool things about the game is selecting different characters gives you different routes on some levels. There's additional bosses on some difficulty settings (I can't remember if its only easy that don't have them or easy and normal). Attack patterns also change slightly on higher difficulties. I'm just saying that in case you end up not bothering with higher difficulties its worth it.
---
A chilled out forum where basically anything goes. (Members have greater access and no ads).
#7superbuu3Posted 4/16/2013 5:57:47 AM
656stooge posted...
Hmm. The only ones I've played are Rondo of Blood and SoTN (and the new one, but that was meh)...so I just ordered all of them online.

Should I do a complete series marathon? I've been thinking of doing that with a series for a while now. I was going to do a 2D Mario one though as I've never finished one before.

If you've got the patience go for it. I've played basically them all apart from the NES ones, I doubt I could put up with the controls on those games now though.

The GBA ones are great, so if you start to burnout play those and that should get you interested again. Out of the old gameplay style bloodlines is my favourite, although I heard there was a japanese version of Dracula X or something that might have been better.
---
#81319_13055(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 6:03:32 AM
superbuu3 posted...
1319_13055 posted...
superbuu3 posted...

Its one of my favourite ones. Cool things about the game is selecting different characters gives you different routes on some levels. There's additional bosses on some difficulty settings (I can't remember if its only easy that don't have them or easy and normal). Attack patterns also change slightly on higher difficulties. I'm just saying that in case you end up not bothering with higher difficulties its worth it.

Yeah I have already ordered it from amazon same with Castevania 64, Castlevania Legacy of Darkness and Super Castlevania 4 so I think that's everything as i'm not getting the first three NES games and Haunted Castle as they don't look that good.
#9ARMs7777Posted 4/16/2013 6:20:23 AM
I think there is one castlevania in the nes that you shouldn't miss. It could be castlevania 2. you should at least try to play it on an emulator if your a castlevania fan. Its alittle different from other castlevania's in the nes and snes.
#104sakuraHa0Posted 4/16/2013 6:36:20 AM
One that I can recommend is Castlevania: Simon Quest.
---
If someone post "I don't care", they actually care VERY much.
If they DON'T care, they WON'T bother posting.