This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Old school Castlevania Fans I need your help.

#21Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 4/16/2013 8:25:02 PM
Tell me why should a true old school Castlevania fan like me cater to you, a new school fan that doesn't even want to buy a downloadable game? I just don't understand you starting with Lord of Shadows. If you want my help get Harmony of Despair after you play through all your backlog because it's a lot of fun playing with pro castlevania players online.
#22XSilverPhoenixXPosted 4/16/2013 8:35:41 PM
Harmony of Despair is great simply for co-op play and while it isn't a long game you'll play it over and over just for looting chests trying to find equipment.

It's all we have until we see another Castlevania of it's type so don't shoot it down simply because it's a digital release. It is a pick up and play anytime kind of game with replay value.

I would love a next gen version made from scratch using the true system abilities with new character designs and stages. I would also love a new Symphony of the Night style game using next gen technology.
#23don_juan_darkoPosted 4/16/2013 9:11:57 PM
P.S please don't suggest any NES or SNES games as there are only a few games on those consoles that I can actually tolerate. Thanks

Wow, sorry to hear that. I would suggest Super Castlevania IV as it's probably the best Castlevania game ever made, but it's all gameplay/music/graphics (for it's time) and no story that I can remember.
#24MaliciousMongoPosted 4/16/2013 9:20:37 PM
What about the two Castlevania games on the Game Boy? The Castlevania Adventure and something else?

Also, it's interesting to me that you can't tolerate the NES era Castlevania games but they're still miles better than EITHER Castlevania game on the N64.
---
"[The name] Dreamcast makes me think of rainbows and males kissing." - HollowPinky on Nintendo's console name change to Wii
#25Stanger5150Posted 4/16/2013 9:57:40 PM
don_juan_darko posted...
P.S please don't suggest any NES or SNES games as there are only a few games on those consoles that I can actually tolerate. Thanks

Wow, sorry to hear that. I would suggest Super Castlevania IV as it's probably the best Castlevania game ever made, but it's all gameplay/music/graphics (for it's time) and no story that I can remember.

It's a remake of the first Castlevania, retelling Simon's first adventure.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
#26RocketZXbluePosted 4/17/2013 5:23:23 AM
there's one for PS1 called Castlevania Chronicles, which is a retelling of the arcade Castlevania 1.
it has to be the HARDEST one out of all of them, that includes Rondo of Blood (Dracula X chronicles on PSP)
there are two on Gameboy, adventure, and legends.
also there's Konami's Kid Dracula, might be related to Castlevania I dunno
also Harmony of Despair on PSN/360 it has 6 player CO-OP (the only one with co-op?) it's hard to finish singleplayer (well on Hard mode at least) but contains a LOT of castlevania references, characters, and maps from older games.
Congrats TC you are now aware older games and 2D is NOT BAD FOR GAMING!
---
3DS FC: 4098 - 2370 - 5638 looking for 3DS friends PM ME.
Admin of StreetPass San Jose Facebook page.
#271319_13055(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 6:09:54 AM
Ryphis_Demeanor posted...
Tell me why should a true old school Castlevania fan like me cater to you, a new school fan that doesn't even want to buy a downloadable game? I just don't understand you starting with Lord of Shadows. If you want my help get Harmony of Despair after you play through all your backlog because it's a lot of fun playing with pro castlevania players online.

I never said I started out with lord of shadows I just never really liked the games that much and never gave them a real chance, my first Castlevania game was simon's quest on the NES. P.S I hate downloadable games I only ever buy physical retail games.
#281319_13055(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 6:14:06 AM
Stanger5150 posted...
1319_13055 posted...
Stanger5150 posted...
Robert_Griffin3 posted...
You can't tolerate NES games but you are planning on getting CastleVania 64?

This. Also, he can't tolerate SNES, but just bought Bloodlines on Genesis...

First off I said this "please don't suggest any NES or SNES games as there are only a few games on those consoles that I can actually tolerate" and after going back and checking out Super Castlevania 4 it wasn't as bad as I remembered so i'm going to give it ago, Also the Sega Mega Drive is much better then the SNES so of course I could tolerate it, And I can easily tolerate N64 graphics but as I said before there aren't a lot of games especially on the NES that I can tolerate.

I'm sorry but I just can't tolerate this ---> http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/32886-castlevania-nes-screenshot-somewhere-in-the-basements.jpg

it like nails on a chalkboard for my eyes.

Learn something. The Mega Drive/Genesis doesn't have even close to the power of the SNES, in graphics or especially sound.

Take a look at DKC 2, for example, and listen to the soundtrack. The Genesis couldn't do that. The Genesis has faster processing capabilities, but that's the only area where it outclasses the SNES.

Go to YouTube and listen to Bloody Tears from Bloodlines, then listen to the one from Castlevania IV. It's no contest. Hell, even the original Castlevania II version sounds better.

I'm not a fanboy though. I'm just stating facts. I love the Genesis just as much as the SNES, mainly due to its diverse library.

I don't care about the sound the sega mega drive had much better graphics IMO, everything just looked rounder and smother on it then the SNES.
#29Stanger5150Posted 4/17/2013 10:36:17 AM
1319_13055 posted...
Stanger5150 posted...
1319_13055 posted...
Stanger5150 posted...
Robert_Griffin3 posted...
You can't tolerate NES games but you are planning on getting CastleVania 64?

This. Also, he can't tolerate SNES, but just bought Bloodlines on Genesis...

First off I said this "please don't suggest any NES or SNES games as there are only a few games on those consoles that I can actually tolerate" and after going back and checking out Super Castlevania 4 it wasn't as bad as I remembered so i'm going to give it ago, Also the Sega Mega Drive is much better then the SNES so of course I could tolerate it, And I can easily tolerate N64 graphics but as I said before there aren't a lot of games especially on the NES that I can tolerate.

I'm sorry but I just can't tolerate this ---> http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/32886-castlevania-nes-screenshot-somewhere-in-the-basements.jpg

it like nails on a chalkboard for my eyes.

Learn something. The Mega Drive/Genesis doesn't have even close to the power of the SNES, in graphics or especially sound.

Take a look at DKC 2, for example, and listen to the soundtrack. The Genesis couldn't do that. The Genesis has faster processing capabilities, but that's the only area where it outclasses the SNES.

Go to YouTube and listen to Bloody Tears from Bloodlines, then listen to the one from Castlevania IV. It's no contest. Hell, even the original Castlevania II version sounds better.

I'm not a fanboy though. I'm just stating facts. I love the Genesis just as much as the SNES, mainly due to its diverse library.

I don't care about the sound the sega mega drive had much better graphics IMO, everything just looked rounder and smother on it then the SNES.

That opinion is ridiculous, and factually inaccurate.

Compare any multiplat from back then. Mortal Kombat, for example, is a superior game on Genesis, but the SNES has near arcade-perfect graphics. A better comparison is MK II. Seriously, there's no contest. There is a difference between art style and graphics. For example, I think the art of Comix Zone is better than a lot of art in SNES games. Art is subjective, but raw power is not.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782