This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

FFXIII is the most overrated game of all time, bar none-- and heres why

#1LemonKweenstaaaPosted 4/16/2013 7:28:59 PM
I always hated this game. It is a huge departure to the reason i liked Final Fantasy in the first place--and this game was the turning point, and is THE REASON Final Fantasy sucks now. This auto battle walking down a corridor game is nothing like what i grew up loving. This isnt a role playing. This isnt Final Fantasy. What this is infact, is the game that ruined the franchise. The game that the western mass media loves so much and overscored, and called the best, and is the downfall of the entire franchise. Now in a time where good JRPGs are desperately needed, we have a generic auto battle walk from point A to point B game that everyone universally loathes. While this game may have had more heart put in than current final fantasy games of the same feel, it is without a doubt a clear message to square enix that we wanted you to change your series into crap... so if you love this game--shame on you. If you think its the best because IGN said so--shame on you. If you legitmately hate JRPGs, stay away from Final Fantasy, because you ruined it for me and many others. Theres plenty of games like this, Final Fantasy was never meant to be "this" and i will always hate this game--whether you love it or not.

so are you excited for lightning returns? im not--unless they go back to their roots, before this overrated game came into existance.
---
Official Orange Sherbet of the IDF
31,795 > 66,980 -Sailor Goon
#2InkontrolPosted 4/16/2013 7:35:47 PM
"I always hated this game"

Stopped reading there. I don't know how FFXIII is overrated, the general consensus is that the game is severely lacking in a lot of ways.
---
https://twitter.com/Inkontrol2 - my media twitter (movies, tv shows, music, gaming)
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=inkontrol
#3ChiRobotPosted 4/16/2013 7:37:01 PM
cool.
---
add me on psn: walkingwestern
#4anonymous46773Posted 4/16/2013 7:40:03 PM
FFXIII didn't ruin Final Fantasy. Square Enix did.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#5kaiser ryuPosted 4/16/2013 7:44:32 PM(edited)
As much as I personally am not a fan, the general feel around this game is that it is pretty close to underrated given how much hate it receives. It doesn't strike me as a particularly poorly engineered product. My own problems with it are to do with that it was engineered with other kinds of gamers in mind. I'm big enough to bow out and not throw mud at the people it clicks with.

I had my time to panic and make topics on it's forums before it's release. And wonder wtf happened during all the JPN release live streams. But that's over. What's done is done. The game is functionally fine and my whining that this particular game didn't cater to me doesn't change the value others found in it.

FFXIII is properly rated.
---
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06
#6boredofyouPosted 4/16/2013 7:47:59 PM
Did you have to copy the topic?
---
If you fell for it, it isn't cheap. It is just something that works on you. Adapt.. Or curl up in the fetal position, your call.
#7Video_Game_CzarPosted 4/16/2013 7:50:36 PM
Huh, Hate to throw logic at you champ...But wouldn't a game have to be overrated first...to be...overrated?
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#8omm3sasukePosted 4/16/2013 7:50:50 PM
No

The current holder of that title is Bioshock Infinite.
#9DemiFistPosted 4/16/2013 7:57:43 PM
omm3sasuke posted...
No

The current holder of that title is Bioshock Infinite.

No... Its GTA IV
---
Eluveitie greatest Band Ever, So "Get Da Folk UP!!!"
#10Holy_SerpentPosted 4/16/2013 8:00:03 PM
wtf? is this a gfaqs fad now? This is the third topic I've seen that's structured exactly like this.
---
Pkmn=RJ FC 0817-0223-3392
PSN ID: HolySerpent