This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Was mass effect 3 the best RPG on ps3?

#21AlltraPosted 4/17/2013 12:46:52 PM
jrr18 posted...
Alltra posted...
jrr18 posted...
Alltra posted...
No RPG with MP or Online can be considered "Best". It automatically disqualifies it from contention. That's why I didn't cast my vote for Dark Souls or Demon's Souls, although I wouldn't have anyway in their cases because they're Action/Adventure games with RPG elements.

and this is whats wrong with gameing.

Yes, it is. The fact you think that's a problem is the biggest thing wrong with gaming, and the reason Online is the worst thing to ever happen to gaming.

And people like this are whats wrong with gameing.

I'm glad you realize that people with your mentality are a problem.
---
If you're not going to share with the entire class, then don't bother sharing at all.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#22DTM847Posted 4/17/2013 12:51:18 PM
Alltra posted...
No RPG with MP or Online can be considered "Best". It automatically disqualifies it from contention. That's why I didn't cast my vote for Dark Souls or Demon's Souls, although I wouldn't have anyway in their cases because they're Action/Adventure games with RPG elements.

That's just being closed-minded. What do you consider an RPG? Would you limit the RPG genre to archaic 1990's era turn-based, menu-driven mostly boring gameplay with full segregation of story and gameplay events? I love the genre myself - FF7 & CT are in my all-time top 10 - but I'm all for evolution. Do you think Star Ocean is not an RPG because it has action elements?

Mass Effect has more RPG elements than FFXIII: you get to name and customize your character, decide from 6 different character classes and customize your skills for multiple builds, select from a cast of widely varied team members and make literally hundreds of decisions, small and large in magnitude that directly affect the story. On top of that, the few "cutscenes" are usually integrated into the game, so anything you can do in real-time gameplay is accurately conveyed in the movie sequences.
---
PSN ID: Danimals847 | Steam ID: Danimals847
#23AlltraPosted 4/17/2013 12:53:45 PM(edited)
Pretty much every video game is an RPG. The genre is so broadly defined in gaming that nearly anything could be counted. Hell, even CoD is an RPG.
---
If you're not going to share with the entire class, then don't bother sharing at all.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#24DTM847Posted 4/17/2013 12:57:18 PM
FFT:WotL had online, and if FFT got a true sequel with online MP I would be all over it! Or consider the possibility of playing a game like Star Ocean or Tales (maybe in a coliseum or boss rush mode) with friends controlling your teammates in battle over an online connection, either cooperative or competitive. What if the Secret of Mana series was revived and the other teammates could be controlled by online friends?

The point is, MP and online are DEFINITELY not incompatible with RPG.
---
PSN ID: Danimals847 | Steam ID: Danimals847
#25badboyPosted 4/17/2013 1:25:42 PM
That would be NnK.
#26BJ_KillPosted 4/17/2013 1:42:27 PM
its an RPG?
---
PSN = Quiet024
#27jrr18(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 1:43:18 PM
BJ_Kill posted...
its an RPG?

yes.
---
Victory over the leprechaun werewolves through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#28LaventorPosted 4/17/2013 1:48:18 PM
jrr18 posted...
BJ_Kill posted...
its an RPG?

yes.

That's really up for debate. It's gameplay would suggest otherwise, only having RPG elements. But people label everything as a RPG these days so whatever *shrugs*