This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

FFXIII/XIII-2 Question

#41Spiroth_KweehhPosted 4/17/2013 9:38:47 AM
kewldude475 posted...
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
kewldude475 posted...
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 is way less polished than FINAL FANTASY XIII.
The ingame graphics are of lower quality.
The CGI graphics are of considerably lower quality, and also has way less CGI cutscenes.
FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 has excessive screen tearing unlike FINAL FANTASY XIII.
Even the sound in FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 is of lower quality than FINAL FANTASY XIII.

I never had any of these problems. Especially screen tearing. And the CGI in XIII-2 isn't much worse than XIII in my opinion.

I didn't say it's a problem of any sort.
These are all true though, this is not debatable.

Actually, it is. Played over 100 hours of XIII-2, never had screen tearing once.

Archylte Steppe is full.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#42thompsontalker7Posted 4/17/2013 9:43:18 AM
kewldude475 posted...
ninjakraken posted...
Neonwarrior1243 posted...
ninjakraken posted...
After I played 13-2, I appreciated FF13 more. FF13 wasn't the best but at least it wasn't as bad as 13-2.

What makes it bad?

FF13 already had a story that was hard to follow. FF13-2 came along and not only changed the ending of the first game but made the story even more confusing and hard to follow by introducing time travel and 'paradoxes'.

I beat XIII-2 before beating XIII, and I understood the story fine, aside from 1 or 2 plot elements, that were apparently either explained in cutscenes I missed, or in the reports.

thompsontalker7 posted...
the graphics are significantly worse

So, did you play XIII in HDMI, then switch to component cables for XIII-2?

The graphics are about the same, with XIII having a very slight advantage. XIII-2 is still probably one of the best looking games on PS3.

The rest of your complaints for the most part are pretty asinine, so I don't feel like bothering.

I was using the same damn HDMI cable I used for XIII for XIII-2.

The PS3 was the lead console for XIIi, so as a result the graphics were gorgeous, one of the game's few positive qualities. But I'm guessing XIII-2was developed quickly and on both consoles simultaneously, so the PS3 version suffered as a result.
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
http://www.abload.de/img/aonp7v.gif
#43SightoPosted 4/17/2013 11:05:15 AM
Neonwarrior1243 posted...
zyrax2301 posted...
I liked FFXIII but hated XIII-2. I felt that it was inferior to the original in almost every way...mainly due to the completely negligible plot.

So what only story is the bad part? Since for the most part I usually don't care much about them. I usually just read a book if I want a good story.

FFXIII-2 was heavily westernized which drove away many FFXIII fans and had a noticeable impact on the sales. Poor pacing from non-linear approach, heavy DLC, pointless conversation choices added...

All around it was a huge mess for all the core Final Fantasy fans that were hoping for another game like FFXIII.
---
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/15/15988000/ngbbs47fa102e7660f.gif
#44Neonwarrior1243(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 4:47:42 PM
Well does anyone know if Lightning returns continues from these two? Since I might just skip to that one. Since I don't know the story of XIII and XIII-2 the only thing I understand from reading about it really quick is it's 500 years later (not sure how Lightning is alive or not an old lady).
#45Neonwarrior1243(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 7:40:53 PM
Never mind about Lightning returns I see now why she didn't age and also saw that it isn't a real time combat system, so I'll just wait for a demo on it.
#46kewldude475Posted 4/17/2013 9:01:35 PM
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
kewldude475 posted...
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
kewldude475 posted...
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 is way less polished than FINAL FANTASY XIII.
The ingame graphics are of lower quality.
The CGI graphics are of considerably lower quality, and also has way less CGI cutscenes.
FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 has excessive screen tearing unlike FINAL FANTASY XIII.
Even the sound in FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 is of lower quality than FINAL FANTASY XIII.

I never had any of these problems. Especially screen tearing. And the CGI in XIII-2 isn't much worse than XIII in my opinion.

I didn't say it's a problem of any sort.
These are all true though, this is not debatable.

Actually, it is. Played over 100 hours of XIII-2, never had screen tearing once.

Archylte Steppe is full.

Grinded there for hours for power Crystals, and to beat optional bosses. Literally have never seen it.
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475