This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

somebody put me on some new games

#1jpridgen0Posted 4/16/2013 9:52:19 PM
I need some games that i haven't tried before because I'm bored outta my mind right now. is there anything out there that's like bioshock or dishonored? Also id like some opinions on fallout new Vegas and skyrim. A friend of mine doesn't even like games like skyrim but he got it anyway and said it was great. I haven't gave the mass effect series a chance yet either. didn't play the arkham games either. Heavy rain......xcom.....Lotta stuff I either never gave a chance or just didn't have the time or money for it.

Someone point me in the right direction. I need something to play until "the last of us" drops
---
Infinite will be GOTY.....
#2Neonwarrior1243Posted 4/16/2013 10:01:04 PM
jpridgen0 posted...
I need some games that i haven't tried before because I'm bored outta my mind right now. is there anything out there that's like bioshock or dishonored? Also id like some opinions on fallout new Vegas and skyrim. A friend of mine doesn't even like games like skyrim but he got it anyway and said it was great. I haven't gave the mass effect series a chance yet either. didn't play the arkham games either. Heavy rain......xcom.....Lotta stuff I either never gave a chance or just didn't have the time or money for it.

Someone point me in the right direction. I need something to play until "the last of us" drops

Xcom is great (I guess the PC version would better for this one also though no where near as bad as PC vs PS3 for Skyrim), Skyrim is great also but I would buy the PC version instead (never played Fallout but PC version also), Heavy rain is fun for one playthrough, you can check out Condemned 2, Sleeping dogs ( I like it more than Batman), Mass effect is good, and Binary Domain.

Though if you only want to buy or two games to last until Last of us go with Xcom, Skyrim or Fallout those will last the longest out of all of them.
#3guineathewopPosted 4/16/2013 10:03:47 PM
New Vegas and the Mass Effect series are far and away my favorite games this generation. I couldn't recommend them enough.

Skyrim, Bioshock and the Batman games are also fantastic.

Heavy Rain is an interactive movie, and not a good one.

I haven't played the rest.
#4jpridgen0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 10:28:48 PM
Thx. I think I'm gonna go with new Vegas and one more. Can't decide if I wanna go with skyrim or mass effect series tho.

I can't wait till the last of us gets here, lol.
---
#5Neonwarrior1243Posted 4/16/2013 10:34:27 PM
jpridgen0 posted...
Thx. I think I'm gonna go with new Vegas and one more. Can't decide if I wanna go with skyrim or mass effect series tho.

I can't wait till the last of us gets here, lol.

If you're going to play them on PS3 get Mass effect then Skyrim is very buggy it will take a way from your enjoyment of it. Fallout isn't as glitchy on PS3 as Skyrim so that one should be ok (though with PC it will run smoother and you can add mods).
#6don_juan_darkoPosted 4/16/2013 10:46:33 PM
If you're up for some well produced arcade style action, I would recommend Lollipop Chainsaw.
#7TheKnifeMonkeyPosted 4/16/2013 10:56:56 PM
jpridgen0 posted...

Honestly dude, I'd go Skyrim.....or even if you wanna save some money for a game just as good IMO, go pick up the GOTY edition of Oblivion.

Thing is with any Elder Scrolls game, if you find yourself liking it you're gonna be hooked on it. And these games don't slack on content. We're talking 100+ hours of story & gameplay. Might last you longer than the time between now & The Last of Us release lol.

I can tell you that back when I bought Oblivion back in like 2011, I had no idea what I was doing. I was and still am a sports gamer first, so trust me the Elder Scrolls series is capable of sucking in anybody. But I became a fan of the series virtually overnight. It takes a day or 2 to learn everything going on in an RPG, but once you get it it's pretty fun.
#8jpridgen0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 11:11:04 PM
TheKnifeMonkey posted...
jpridgen0 posted...

Honestly dude, I'd go Skyrim.....or even if you wanna save some money for a game just as good IMO, go pick up the GOTY edition of Oblivion.

Thing is with any Elder Scrolls game, if you find yourself liking it you're gonna be hooked on it. And these games don't slack on content. We're talking 100+ hours of story & gameplay. Might last you longer than the time between now & The Last of Us release lol.

I can tell you that back when I bought Oblivion back in like 2011, I had no idea what I was doing. I was and still am a sports gamer first, so trust me the Elder Scrolls series is capable of sucking in anybody. But I became a fan of the series virtually overnight. It takes a day or 2 to learn everything going on in an RPG, but once you get it it's pretty fun.

That's what I heard. I'm not even into those type games and neither are my friends but the ones that have played it have nothing but good things to say about it. Makes me really wanna give the game a chance even tho its not my cup of tea.
---
#9Neonwarrior1243Posted 4/16/2013 11:16:25 PM
jpridgen0 posted...
TheKnifeMonkey posted...
jpridgen0 posted...

That's what I heard. I'm not even into those type games and neither are my friends but the ones that have played it have nothing but good things to say about it. Makes me really wanna give the game a chance even tho its not my cup of tea.

The Elder scrolls games are kind of like GTA with swords, horses and magic since you can do pretty much whatever you want to just like GTA. I never even try to beat the story in these games since you have so much other things to do and explore.
#10TheKnifeMonkeyPosted 4/16/2013 11:19:11 PM
Neonwarrior1243 posted...
jpridgen0 posted...
TheKnifeMonkey posted...
jpridgen0 posted...

The Elder scrolls games are kind of like GTA with swords, horses and magic since you can do pretty much whatever you want to just like GTA. I never even try to beat the story in these games since you have so much other things to do and explore.

Yeah haha, it's pretty much a medieval GTA on steroids...