This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think Shadow of the Colossus is a perfect game? (spoiler)

#1dantejun506Posted 4/16/2013 11:31:21 PM
So I keep hearing how sotc is perfect in everything. While I agree that the game design and visuals are amazing, I don't think its a perfect game. Agro's controls are cluncky and awkward, the camera gets in the way alot, and the story is weak.

The Colossi are amazing for the most part. The only ones I particularly didn't like were the two lion "colossi". The first one you fight was boring. He died too quickly, and he wasn't challenging. The second one was fun, but it felt like a recycled boss. And most of all, they aren't even COLOSSAL. Why did they get rid of all those unused colossi and put these two instead? Oh well.

I want to talk about the story now. The story imo, was not the strong point of this game. It was quite obvious the game wouldn't have a happy ending, since Dormin does say at the beginning that Wander must pay a heavy price to bring back the dead. Agro falling down the bridge and surviving doesn't really make sense...I think. Who cares about that though.

The ending is okay I guess. Looks like Dormin is nicer than most demons, atleast he kept his promise.
#2OEIO999Posted 4/16/2013 11:32:11 PM
No, but it's a good game.
#3Evil_SandwichPosted 4/16/2013 11:36:13 PM
I loved that game...

Don't know about "perfect" but it was pretty good.
#4jpridgen0Posted 4/16/2013 11:38:21 PM
Not perfect but definitely amazing
---
Infinite will be GOTY.....
#5Terry-bogardPosted 4/17/2013 1:45:35 AM
SOTC came out too soon.

It was a little too ambitious for a ps2.
It would have been godlike if developed for the ps3.

Still , one of the best game ever.
---
Videogame cancer : Perpetual easy mode (AKA USA syndrome), word "main" in fighting games.
#6mad_hax_manPosted 4/17/2013 2:45:05 AM
Its not perfect, but nothing is. But its one of those games that I would give a 10/10 to, not because it doesn't have flaws, but because its flaws are just so inconsequential compared to its strengths, uniqueness and influence over the industry.

And its story isn't weak
---
"Hey bridesmaid, love the beard! Give's me something to hang onto!!"- Lord Flasheart
#7akuma634Posted 4/17/2013 2:48:05 AM
I didn't get it all. I thought that and Ico were just very boring games. Shadow is mostly wandering around an empty world to find some giant bosses to climb on and kill. I don't get the love for it. As far as games go, some of my favorite games have little to no combat. I love the classic Sierra graphic adventures like Space Quest and Leisure Suit Larry, I also enjoy artsy games like Dear Esther and Journey. SOTC just seemed very dull and pointless to me, especially with the minimalistic story that most boils down to a boy who's trying to save a girl who is totally useless without his help.
#8mogar002Posted 4/17/2013 2:50:14 AM
No boring as hell.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i.imgur.com/gcqrYXl.jpg
#9Raven_CyarmPosted 4/17/2013 2:56:47 AM
No. There's NO SUCH THING as a perfect game.

It's a damn good game and one of the first on the list when you talk about games being art, but it's not perfect.
---
If everyone likes a game and you're the only one who hates it, it's not overrated, you're just the black sheep.
#10kitsune2222Posted 4/17/2013 3:12:27 AM
I dont know about you but I place the game in my top 5, for games released in the past 10 years.