This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

NEWS: Violence in video games regulation takes another step

#1Jx1010Posted 4/17/2013 2:04:30 AM(edited)
I really hope Sony with its PS3 and PS4.........doesnt follow in the same steps as Microsoft's xbox games with its overabundance of violence and shooters

Thank you Western developers for making soooo many violent + shooting games..... Now we have lawmakers focusing on video games again

http://www.gamespot.com//news/nj-task-force-recommends-game-regulation-6407035?

Thank u call of duty, keep destroying gaming

#2KanokarePosted 4/17/2013 2:12:32 AM
Funny how some people can't put the blame on the idiots rather than a gun, a game, or a duffel bag (since apparently they're dangerous as well since they can carry bombs). Also, as much as we all must hate CoD, you're no different from the law makers who want to blame the games.
---
XBL / PSN / VITA / Steam ID - Kanokare
http://www.youtube.com/user/NOPEnterprise/videos
#3hideousfranchisPosted 4/17/2013 2:22:49 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4darkus_fPosted 4/17/2013 2:24:23 AM
I'm not a big fan of first person shooters like Call of Duty but this is pure nonsensical B.S.
Just more scapegoating taking place. So much effort is being put into this instead of actually putting effort in gun law regulations. This just makes me sick. Way to piss on the grave of those who died.
---
3DS FC: 0447-5073-6549 PSN: darkus_f
PWB F5: Punk, Dolph, Cesaro, Reigns, Mark
#5RyuuHou25Posted 4/17/2013 2:28:22 AM
All this effort could be better spent on funding and talking about the mental health issues of people in general and working on fixing people who end up becoming murderers before they do so.

Or fixing the economy, the housing market, creating jobs, health care, etc etc etc.

No no no. The entertainment, the thing people can choose to do of their own free will, that must be the problem! *head desk*
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#6ZurrurPosted 4/17/2013 2:46:55 AM
Nothing wrong with violence but we need to do something about gender discrimination in games
Its very disturbing that killing children and women in video games is taboo yet its ok to kill hundreds of males
i also was very shocked by "Bros before hoes" trophy uproar in god of war making them to change the trophy name because of twisted male feminists logic
#7Jx1010(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 2:53:20 AM
Zurrur posted...
Nothing wrong with violence but we need to do something about gender discrimination in games
Its very disturbing that killing children and women in video games is taboo yet its ok to kill hundreds of males
i also was very shocked by "Bros before hoes" trophy uproar in god of war making them to change the trophy name because of twisted male feminists logic

I gotta agree with this....
even tho its a little off, it is true and many people let it fly by

There are some real issues in gaming today.... but most people wont care because they will play anything as long as its a video game
#8DocDeliciousPosted 4/17/2013 2:56:03 AM
I'm sorry, but did any of you actually read the article?
---
Terarria, Disgaea 4, Siren: Blood Curse, Battlefield 3, Rayman Origins, Vanquish, Need For Speed: MW 2012, Urban Trials, Monster Hunter FU
#9LionheartCJPosted 4/17/2013 3:21:28 AM
Jx1010 posted...

Thank u soccer moms and parents who look at society to raise their own kids instead of doing it themselves, keep destroying gaming

fixed
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kcF7E69C6Q - Best piece of videogame music, ever
#10tack129Posted 4/17/2013 3:26:31 AM
DocDelicious posted...
I'm sorry, but did any of you actually read the article?

I actually did. It sounds exactly what some other countries have implemented except for banned violent games in public places.
I know that in New Zealand with some games you have to have some form of ID before you can purchase or rent a game with an age restriction on it (unless you have an accompanied adult with you) unless of course you look old enough.

I'd say push for better education at least.
---
PSN: tack129