This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The term Metroidvania is stupid...

#131Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 1:09:20 AM
Nightwish posted...
Sophistication posted...
Nightwish posted...
Seems like mr happy used up his 10 messages...that's great news

Haha, not even close... I've just been busy. Busy being successful and savvy. I'm around. I'm all around. ;-)

Make a new topic then Sophie.

What do you want me to post a topic about? I've really not been compelled to do such a thing... what with all my fame, success and savvy leaving me with little time as of late. But give me a topic and I'll be glad to make it just for my fan service deed for the day.
---
As a true Sophistocrat I am commissioned to spread my success, fame, savvy and arrogance across the land-- Gamefaqs, you're very welcome.
PSN:sophistocrat
#132CrimsonGear80Posted 4/21/2013 1:11:06 AM
You are already warned, why do you want to keep pushing your luck?
---
Glad DmC shipped a million copies and was a success. Supporting risk-takers and change is how the industry grows.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif
#133crazyman32Posted 4/21/2013 1:20:52 AM
Flare1721 posted...
Most of your topics/posts are stupid.

TC is just putting on an act and he is as phony as it gets.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I apologize for nothing.
#134crazyman32Posted 4/21/2013 1:32:07 AM(edited)
agrissa posted...
Nightwish posted...
Man this dude gets put on parole a lot. Some white knight he is.

The mods hate him, just like how they hate me. The moderation were unjustified for sure. He was modded harshly because of who he is, not what he said.

*waits for this message to get censored*

The loyal clown troll agrissa whining about the mods being mean to you and Sophi does make for good laughs.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I apologize for nothing.
#135Pinoy441Posted 4/21/2013 1:43:16 AM
ChaoticKnuckles posted...
Terotrous posted...
Well to be honest it's not uncommon for people to refer to genre combinations based on notable games having that designation.

Compare "Roguelikes", which are named after the game "Rogue", even when they don't closely approximate its mechanics. They're really a specific type of Strategy RPG (Strategy / Dungeon Crawler), but that doesn't roll off the tongue as easily.

Why are you ignoring this post TC? It addresses your issue with the term "Metroidvania". Also perhaps games with that distinction use Metroid to describe the exploration and layout of the game and Castlevania to refer to the way your character gets stronger. Just my own two cents on it but I think the post that I quoted offers a far more likely reason for why the term is used to refer to games of that style.

It's a Sophi/DPB/Agrissa/Greer type topic mate

There is no logic here
---
*grabs popcorn*
#136NightwishPosted 4/21/2013 2:17:57 AM
Sophistication posted...
Nightwish posted...
Sophistication posted...
Nightwish posted...

Haha, not even close... I've just been busy. Busy being successful and savvy. I'm around. I'm all around. ;-)

What do you want me to post a topic about? I've really not been compelled to do such a thing... what with all my fame, success and savvy leaving me with little time as of late. But give me a topic and I'll be glad to make it just for my fan service deed for the day.

Make a topic about what life is like on parole.
---
PSN: Xnightwish XBL: Xnightwish
#137Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 2:21:28 AM
Nightwish posted...
Sophistication posted...
Nightwish posted...
Sophistication posted...
Nightwish posted...

Make a topic about what life is like on parole.

That's your area of familiarity... I wouldn't last an hour in lock up. I'm too caterd and successful to be in holding with criminals. I'm too high maintenance and have a need for fine things.
---
As a true Sophistocrat I am commissioned to spread my success, fame, savvy and arrogance across the land-- Gamefaqs, you're very welcome.
PSN:sophistocrat
#138ManuKesnaPosted 4/21/2013 7:14:39 AM
Hehehe poor dpb cant make a topic because he is warned and scared :(
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna White 2 FC: 1593-4524-9776
GT: ManuKesna
#139DrGonzo615Posted 4/21/2013 7:26:10 AM
Sophistication is one of the biggest simpletons on this board....ironic really...
---
A Ducati and a track to run it on....Heaven
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e27/DrGonzo615/CP__1021.jpg
#140Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 3:29:02 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]