This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Store update coming today hopefully!

#11RyuuHou25Posted 4/17/2013 11:08:01 AM
CrimsonGear80 posted...
Yeah, to hell with the rest of the country, only the west coast matters to them!

They do kinda have to go by the time zone they operate in.....

But hey, now you know how west coasters feel when spoilers to popular shows show up on twitter three hours before they air.

They should be more efficient and have things done in a timely manner for the entire continent they service. They should also really look into hiring new tech people.

And I know how that is, I lived on the west coast of Canada before.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#12CrimsonGear80Posted 4/17/2013 11:12:59 AM(edited)
They should be more efficient and have things done in a timely manner for the entire continent they service.

I know from working in a place that has to deal with shipping to many time zones, things like this aren't always that easy.
---
Glad DmC shipped a million copies and was a success. Supporting risk-takers and change is how the industry grows.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif
#13RyuuHou25Posted 4/17/2013 11:19:37 AM
CrimsonGear80 posted...
They should be more efficient and have things done in a timely manner for the entire continent they service.

I know from working in a place that has to deal with shipping to many time zones, things like this aren't always that easy.

Shipping anything to multiple places or all over the world, and updating a network infrastructure that has existed for several years already are a tad bit different situations though.

Sonys team should be getting BETTER, not progressively worse as time goes on. EUs people have been constantly beating the snot out of them efficiency wise, they've almost always had updates to the store out by a certain time on those days of the week, they have monthly announcements for PS Plus from the beginning, so on and so forth.

Their team for NA just constantly seems overly incompetent.
---
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#14RabillionPosted 4/17/2013 12:24:53 PM
The irregular update times for NA PS Store are annoying but not something I lose sleep over.
#15CrimsonGear80Posted 4/17/2013 1:02:34 PM
Shipping anything to multiple places or all over the world, and updating a network infrastructure that has existed for several years already are a tad bit different situations though

yeah, it's probably a lot harder.

Sonys team should be getting BETTER, not progressively worse as time goes on.

If that were true, the PS store would still be a web page and i wouldn't be storing my saves on a cloud server.

One day of overtime maintenance isn't something I would declare "incompetence" for.
---
Glad DmC shipped a million copies and was a success. Supporting risk-takers and change is how the industry grows.
#16RyuuHou25Posted 4/17/2013 1:16:47 PM
CrimsonGear80 posted...
Shipping anything to multiple places or all over the world, and updating a network infrastructure that has existed for several years already are a tad bit different situations though

yeah, it's probably a lot harder.

Sonys team should be getting BETTER, not progressively worse as time goes on.

If that were true, the PS store would still be a web page and i wouldn't be storing my saves on a cloud server.

One day of overtime maintenance isn't something I would declare "incompetence" for.

If this were the first time to go over in maintenance, I'd agree. This is the second this year alone. Their update times are getting later and later in the day, the recent day later with the spend 50 get 10 back promo....this is not an isolated incident.
---
#17fnordkallistiPosted 4/17/2013 1:26:14 PM

If this were the first time to go over in maintenance, I'd agree. This is the second this year alone. Their update times are getting later and later in the day, the recent day later with the spend 50 get 10 back promo....this is not an isolated incident.

In addition, many people are STILL waiting for their cash back from that promo, myself included.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/Credit-From-Get-10-For-Every-50-Promotion-Problems/m-p/40131947#U40131947
---
Pain transforms the sensitive into cynics
#18CrimsonGear80Posted 4/17/2013 1:28:43 PM
this is not an isolated incident

It's also still not worth calling them "incompetent". Two times this year and it's April?? My e-mail app on my mac loses connections almost every other day, so I'm not too peeved about two days of no PS Store access, especially when i could still sign in.

Their update times are getting later and later in the day

The vast majority update in the late afternoon and it has always been that way. However, sony has no obligation to a time because there has never been any set times for store updates.
---
#19Colinp42Posted 4/17/2013 1:49:39 PM
I just don't understand how they haven't thrown a blog post up saying it's delayed. On their front page they still have a post for the PS+ 4/16 update...
---
How appropriate, you fight like a cow!