This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 slim won't play ps2 games from PS Store

#1Zero6823Posted 4/17/2013 12:55:16 PM
Apparently my case is not common at all. My ps3 can be everything else just fine, but it will not play any ps2 games bought from the playstation store.

So I'm guessing it must be a hardware problem. I was told I could send it in for a repair at $99 since my ps3 is out of warranty.

Any suggestions? It could be a hard drive problem, ram going bad, ect. Maybe I should just send it in for repairs or just buy a new one?
#2mogar002Posted 4/17/2013 12:55:56 PM
Any actual helpful info?
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i.imgur.com/gcqrYXl.jpg
#3Zero6823(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 12:56:10 PM
* My ps3 can play everything else just fine, but it will not play any ps2 games bought from the playstation store.
#4gldooriiPosted 4/17/2013 12:57:09 PM
So...you download a PS2 game...and what? It gives you an error? Doesn't boot? Black screen? Restarts PS3? Info, dude, info.
---
PSN - gldoorii
Live - xgldooriix
#5Zero6823(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 12:57:27 PM
mogar002 posted...
Any actual helpful info?

What do you mean? I'm just trying to get some help from the forums on what I could do. None of the advice from the tech support at sony was useful.
#6mogar002Posted 4/17/2013 12:58:51 PM
Probably because like here you just called them and said it won't play ps2 games from the store. That isn't helpful at all.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i.imgur.com/gcqrYXl.jpg
#7Zero6823(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 12:59:20 PM
gldoorii posted...
So...you download a PS2 game...and what? It gives you an error? Doesn't boot? Black screen? Restarts PS3? Info, dude, info.

Well all I get is black screen. No sound or video. Nothing at all. The system will attempt to load the game and it just stalls at a black screen and my ps3 controller loses sync. That's it. I tried waiting to see if it would load 20 min later and still nothing. I've looking into the resolution problem. It's not that either. My tv can handle the ps2 game resolutions.
#8Zero6823(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 1:05:21 PM
mogar002 posted...
Probably because like here you just called them and said it won't play ps2 games from the store. That isn't helpful at all.

Listen dude, I've talked to them about what happend. They are just as puzzled as I am. I was told this might be some kind of hardware problem and I'm seeking out others who might have had the same issue as me.
#9Zero6823(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 1:16:37 PM
What would you guys do if it were your ps3? I don't have ps2 anymore, but i don't want extra clutter taking up space in my room.
#10PlaysaverPosted 4/17/2013 3:25:55 PM(edited)
Zero6823 posted...
gldoorii posted...

Well all I get is black screen. No sound or video. Nothing at all. The system will attempt to load the game and it just stalls at a black screen and my ps3 controller loses sync. That's it. I tried waiting to see if it would load 20 min later and still nothing. I've looking into the resolution problem. It's not that either. My tv can handle the ps2 game resolutions.

How long are you waiting on the black screen? It can take 15 to 30 seconds for anything to come up on the screen. (push your ps button on the controller when something does show up on the screen.) And yes the ps3 controller always loses sync when going into a ps2 game. Once something comes up you can hit the ps button on the ps3 controller to resync. There is a chance your tv lost sync and won't show anything. If nothing shows after 15 to 30 seconds, try turning off just the tv, then turn the tv back on. The same sort of thing happens when you quit a ps2 game and go back to ps3 mode.