This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 slim won't play ps2 games from PS Store

#21PlaysaverPosted 4/20/2013 6:59:23 PM
Zero6823 posted...
The last thing I can think of is that it might be that the hard drive is going bad. The hard disk light stops blinking after a few seconds which indicates it's not loading the game or something. I can't even re-sync the controller no matter how many times I press it.

Also the only way to get out of this black screen is if I hard reset the console.

You never said if you tried turning off just the tv and then turned it back on. Some sets won't follow a resolution change very well, but will finaly change to it if you turn off then on the tv.
#22aPimp_named_leEPosted 4/20/2013 10:34:12 PM
... call sony? maybe you have a defective unit.
---
~I will floss my teeth with your soul~
#23Zero6823(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 3:35:29 PM
Playsaver posted...
Zero6823 posted...
gldoorii posted...
So...you download a PS2 game...and what? It gives you an error? Doesn't boot? Black screen? Restarts PS3? Info, dude, info.

Well all I get is black screen. No sound or video. Nothing at all. The system will attempt to load the game and it just stalls at a black screen and my ps3 controller loses sync. That's it. I tried waiting to see if it would load 20 min later and still nothing. I've looking into the resolution problem. It's not that either. My tv can handle the ps2 game resolutions.

How long are you waiting on the black screen? It can take 15 to 30 seconds for anything to come up on the screen. (push your ps button on the controller when something does show up on the screen.) And yes the ps3 controller always loses sync when going into a ps2 game. Once something comes up you can hit the ps button on the ps3 controller to resync. There is a chance your tv lost sync and won't show anything. If nothing shows after 15 to 30 seconds, try turning off just the tv, then turn the tv back on. The same sort of thing happens when you quit a ps2 game and go back to ps3 mode.

No offense, but can you read? I said I waited 20 minutes. That's longer than 15 to 30 seconds. I've tried everything anyone could think of. So you have nothing new to bring to the table.
#24Zero6823(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 3:53:23 PM
aPimp_named_leE posted...
... call sony? maybe you have a defective unit.

Sony is about as useless as most of the suggestions here. My ps3 is out of warranty so I'm not gonna send it in for repair or anything. I'll just have to deal with it myself. It could be a ram defect, damaged hard drive. Who knows? At this point it isn't anything I'm doing wrong. It's something wrong with the ps3 itself.
#25kamonphoenixPosted 4/25/2013 8:39:52 AM
i dunno if it has ever happened to anyone else, or all of you are kinda overlooking an option.

i've had this happen to me before, only one ps2 game i have, and i've got the super slim. try plugging your remote to the console. i had the same things happening, black screen, controller turning off, all of it. but when i plugged in the remote to the console, everything was fine.
---
games playing- pokemon white, animal crossing WW, Assassin's creed brotherhood, nier, and lollipop chainsaw
#26Zero6823(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 7:24:51 PM
kamonphoenix posted...
i dunno if it has ever happened to anyone else, or all of you are kinda overlooking an option.

i've had this happen to me before, only one ps2 game i have, and i've got the super slim. try plugging your remote to the console. i had the same things happening, black screen, controller turning off, all of it. but when i plugged in the remote to the console, everything was fine.

PS3 remote? I don't have one of those.
#27Bizarro_SanchoPosted 4/26/2013 7:39:20 PM

Probably meant the controller.

I remember in the apps section, they have a PS2 emulator thing, which I guess were for the discontinued BC phat PS3's. Try downloading that just to see if it does anything for your situation.
---
I'm an account closing welcher since - 6/1/2012
#28jcavantPosted 4/26/2013 8:25:50 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#29Zero6823(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 11:29:37 PM
Bizarro_Sancho posted...

Probably meant the controller.

I remember in the apps section, they have a PS2 emulator thing, which I guess were for the discontinued BC phat PS3's. Try downloading that just to see if it does anything for your situation.

Hm, I guess I'll have to try plugging in the usb cord into the controller. Can anyone confirm that this is needed?

I've actually tried downloading the ps2 related files. It's just for the 1st gen ps3 so you could play ps2 games that required the ps2 hard drive to function.