This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about hdd upgrade

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Question about hdd upgrade

User Info: CaptMurderface

CaptMurderface
3 years ago#1
I'm looking to upgrade my hdd and I'm trying to find the best option. So far I've seen a couple people suggest these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005DVJJWQ/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?redirect=true&ref_=cm_cd_asin_lnk

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007PFQ23C/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?redirect=true&ref_=cm_cd_asin_lnk

Can anyone tell me the difference or which is better? Or if anyone has any other suggestions.

User Info: don_juan_darko

don_juan_darko
3 years ago#2
Bigger cache is better.

Though I would recommend a 7200rpm (at least) or if possible solid state HDD (if you can afford it) if you're going to upgrade.

CaptMurderface
3 years ago#3
Thanks I have a few more questions.

1. I was told a 4gb thumb drive should be enough to back up everything (all I really have is save files.)Is that enough or do I need to get an external hdd?

2. Do I need to format a thumb drive?

3. When I do the back up is it going to try to back up the installed game data? Do I need to delete those?

CaptMurderface
3 years ago#4
Anybody?

User Info: Cloudisthebest

Cloudisthebest
3 years ago#5
If I were you, I would choose to 'Copy' save files to the thumb drive. When I upgraded my HDD, I chose 'Back Up' to the thumb drive. All of the movies and TV episodes I had would not play- I got a message saying that the copyright data had expired.

I lost like 10 movies and maybe 50 TV episodes; couldn't watch them.
'03 Mustang GT- Flowmaster exhaust, Maximum Motorsports subframe connectors, strut tower brace, k-member brace...
PSN: officersweetpant
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Question about hdd upgrade

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived