This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can't get enough classic Mega Man.

#21Stanger5150Posted 4/19/2013 4:01:17 AM
656stooge posted...
I'm thinking of doing a classic game marathon soon, and the Mega Man series is right up there.

Have you played Mega Man: The Wily Wars, TC? I started playing it the other night and it's awesome. It's like the Mario All Stars collection but for the first 3 Mega Man games.

I've been tempted for a long time to get a PAL Mega Drive just so I can play that!

Goddamnit, Capcom...
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
#22656stoogePosted 4/19/2013 4:06:44 AM
Lol. It's the one time us PAL gamers caught a break back then. Still, I wish it was released in America just so I could track down a 60Hz version.
I hear there was a JAP version though. Might look into that.
---
How to treat a woman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syRQ7iShpzY
#23ThePHiLsTeRPosted 4/19/2013 5:05:17 AM
I beat megaman 2 and megaman X (activated the ryu's fireball ftw) soooooo many times.
---
i5-2500k, azrock z68 Gen3 Extreme 3, 8g ram, win7, crossfire sapphire 6850, Korean IPS monitor, Playstation 3
#24Da DoodPosted 4/19/2013 5:30:14 AM
If you still can't get enough classic Mega Man, try these (mostly freeware) Mega Man clones which are quite well made:

- Rokko Chan (a faithful 8-bit Mega Man clone, with the exact same art style... a bit short, though)
- RosenkreuzStilette (probably the most famous Mega Man clone, borrows some elements from Castlevania too)
- MegaMari (you switch between two characters who get their own unique weapons from bosses... it's VERY hard, though)
- Nezumiman (strange graphics, adorable music, cool level design)

There's also Street Fighter X Mega Man, which is... sort of official. Great boss fights.

And finally, you shouldn't have trouble Googling the 8-bit "demakes" of MM7 and 8. Both worth playing.
---
And this time!
#25chaosflame108Posted 4/19/2013 1:40:03 PM
plasticman13 posted...
Zero series >>>>X series>>>>>>>>>>Original series >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>lolbattlenetworkherpderp.

Dude Battle Network was actually good. I loved those games (with the exception of BN4). Almost everything Megaman related was good, and you forgot to mention Legends.

You are right, I did forget about the Legends series. Awesome games.
---
I AM SATANAIL. HE WHO SHALL SET RIGHT THIS DISTORTED UNIVERSE!!!
#26RafedxPosted 4/19/2013 1:45:24 PM
Anyone remember Mega Man X Command Mission? The RPG for the PS2? Still have that game in my collection. I own both collections for the PS2 including command, 7 and 8. I only own MM2 for the NES which is a bummer but whatever.

Love the Mega Man games. I really wish that MM game with the world creator would have come out, it looked so badass.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
#27rswsc0407Posted 4/19/2013 1:49:58 PM
^Yup, I recently was able to track down a complete copy of it. It's pretty good from what I've played of it so far.

I've always liked the original MMs better than the Xs but they're both extremely good(except X7, I haven't even beaten a stage in that yet, it's that bad)

Another complete MM ripoff that's really good(I've never been able to beat it, it's pretty hard) is The Krion Conquest for the NES. Funny thing is, I didn't even realize it was a ripoff of MM when I played it when I was a kid.

I'm still pissed about Legends 3 and that Universe one as well.

I'm currently playing through ZX on the DS and I really like it, the map could be better but thank god they fixed it in the next one.
---
Red Sox World Series Champions 2004 & 2007= My ID. PSN ID- rswsc0407
#28chaosflame108Posted 4/19/2013 5:13:57 PM
Rafedx posted...
Anyone remember Mega Man X Command Mission? The RPG for the PS2? Still have that game in my collection. I own both collections for the PS2 including command, 7 and 8. I only own MM2 for the NES which is a bummer but whatever.

Love the Mega Man games. I really wish that MM game with the world creator would have come out, it looked so badass.

Command mission was boss, though that final Nine tails fight was BS as s***.
---
I AM SATANAIL. HE WHO SHALL SET RIGHT THIS DISTORTED UNIVERSE!!!
#29WarhawkPosted 4/19/2013 5:32:33 PM
Between the Classic series and the X series, I find myself edging the X series over the Classic series. Not saying that I didn't enjoy the Classic there are some good games in that series and my favorite has to be Mega Man 3 in that bunch. As for the X games I can't say for sure which is my favorite there, probably X2. The Legends series does come in third for favorite series, though I never really had a chance to get into the Zero series and never played the other games in the other series created like Battle Network.
---
CRP: 12949 | FAQs: 16
FAQ Outlaws | Mega Man X
#30Stanger5150Posted 4/19/2013 5:37:29 PM
ThePHiLsTeR posted...
I beat megaman 2 and megaman X (activated the ryu's fireball ftw) soooooo many times.

You lose gamer cred when you call it a "fireball".

Just messing with you :)
---
PSN- BlackRain8782