This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

One of the biggest reasons I haven't gotten Bioshock Infinite yet...

#21theshovellerPosted 4/18/2013 9:23:58 AM
zinsindetta posted...
Q_Sensei posted...
Is because people say it's just better on the PC and I shouldn't waste my time on the PS3 version.

You know if you buy it on PS3 you will not know how much better it is on PC because, you know, your playing it only on PS3.

Performance of multiplatform games is such a waste of an argument in my opinion.

I'd argue against that, because I have played Mass Effect on every game system short of the Wii-U that it's available for. I own it on 360 and PC. Clearly, the PC version is better than the 360 version because load times are vastly improved. It's not real noticeable in ME1 since many load screens are "real-time streamed loading" or whatever - you ride an elevator, and that elevator is always X seconds long from point A to point B. In ME2 & 3, elevator rides are usually loading screens, and thus a 20-30 second loading screen on 360 might be only 5 seconds on the PC.

PS3, at least as far as ME1 and the beginning portion of ME3, is less optimized. I noticed the "conversation arrow" in ME1 wants to just randomly glitch out and slowly make its way around the whole wheel, though the analog stick still functions correctly to select answers (as if the graphic only is broken.) ME3's beginning seemed to run at a lower FPS on PS3 than on 360 or PC. PC overall gives you better framerates because the hardware itself is not static - you can upgrade it and use something stronger than the minimum.

Anyway, while it might not be something that everyone does, I wouldn't say it's a waste of an argument. For people who have multiple systems and options available to them, it may be as important as what class you're going to play as in a game.
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"
#22zinsindettaPosted 4/18/2013 1:08:18 PM
theshoveller posted...
zinsindetta posted...
Q_Sensei posted...
Is because people say it's just better on the PC and I shouldn't waste my time on the PS3 version.

You know if you buy it on PS3 you will not know how much better it is on PC because, you know, your playing it only on PS3.

Performance of multiplatform games is such a waste of an argument in my opinion.

I'd argue against that, because I have played Mass Effect on every game system short of the Wii-U that it's available for. I own it on 360 and PC. Clearly, the PC version is better than the 360 version because load times are vastly improved. It's not real noticeable in ME1 since many load screens are "real-time streamed loading" or whatever - you ride an elevator, and that elevator is always X seconds long from point A to point B. In ME2 & 3, elevator rides are usually loading screens, and thus a 20-30 second loading screen on 360 might be only 5 seconds on the PC.

PS3, at least as far as ME1 and the beginning portion of ME3, is less optimized. I noticed the "conversation arrow" in ME1 wants to just randomly glitch out and slowly make its way around the whole wheel, though the analog stick still functions correctly to select answers (as if the graphic only is broken.) ME3's beginning seemed to run at a lower FPS on PS3 than on 360 or PC. PC overall gives you better framerates because the hardware itself is not static - you can upgrade it and use something stronger than the minimum.

Anyway, while it might not be something that everyone does, I wouldn't say it's a waste of an argument. For people who have multiple systems and options available to them, it may be as important as what class you're going to play as in a game.

Yeah but you played a game on every system. Hardly anyone does that. If a few people do that then they could say something but TC like most people is not playing Bioshock Infinite on both PC and PS3. He will like most other people only play one and when you play one you really do not know how much better the other is, or care for that matter.
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta