This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

how many games do you need to be a hardcore gamer?

#1ps3_gamer_norgePosted 4/18/2013 8:38:33 AM
hey friends

today i was just sitting and philosophiziting about how
many games you need to call urself a hardcore gamer and i remember
some guy said you need at least 100 games to be a gamer
and 10 % platinum rate. its a hard question to answer but i think u need at least
150 games to be a hardcore gamer and i agree with 10% platnium rate.

thanks for listening and welcome to the topic
---
---------soldier 4 christ 5ever--------
why is xb0x 360 called 360? because when u see it u turn around 360 degrees and walk way LOL
#2HwoarangExpert1Posted 4/18/2013 8:41:15 AM(edited)
platinum not required
---
PSN - Ziaro_7
#3ps3_gamer_norge(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 8:40:36 AM
HwoarangExpert1 posted...

hello friend and welcome to the topic

i see that you wrote 1 game and im wondering how you think
your math checks out because that
is clearly a casual gamer

thanks for sharing
---
why is xb0x 360 called 360? because when u see it u turn around 360 degrees and walk way LOL
#4zinformantPosted 4/18/2013 8:40:44 AM
There is no such thing as a 'hardcore gamer'. There are those who game and those who don't.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#5ps3_gamer_norge(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 8:42:08 AM
zinformant posted...
There is no such thing as a 'hardcore gamer'. There are those who game and those who don't.

hello friend and welcome to my topic

i think youre wrong when you say this
there are hardcore gamers and casual gamers
and its a widely accepted term

thanks for your opinion
---
#6ISquat600lbsPosted 4/18/2013 8:46:24 AM
It's all garbage nonsense. "Hardcore" is a term people like to throw around to make themselves feel superior, it's like art where there's lots of elitism, it's all nonsense. How much you love gaming is on a wide spectrum as opposed to just casuals being on one side and hardcores being on the other, and whether you play a "casual" game like COD 10 hours a day or less well known games a couple hours a week the label you give yourself or anyone else is a load of crap.

Sure if someone plays only mobile games like Angry Birds then they're casual, and if someone plays Eve Online every day they're more hardcore but anything between those extremes doesn't really fit well into just two groups of gamers. What kind of games someone plays and how they approach playing them or how much the play them is a way to judge what kind of gamer someone is but the term hardcore is just outdated and a horrible term idiots usually use for their own ego because they think it's fashionable to be a hardcore player of mainstream games like Zelda and Skyrim.
#7steven27614Posted 4/18/2013 8:46:54 AM
It's not the size of your collection, it's how you use it.

Some people can have 100's of games and still be casual.
#8TerotrousPosted 4/18/2013 8:49:23 AM
There's no cutoff, being a hardcore gamer is a matter of how interested / passionate you are about games, not how many you play. They're often closely correlated, but in some situations they may not be, like if someone doesn't have a lot of time to game, or plays a small handful of games very competitively.

That being said, you can probably get an average number of games owned by hardcore gamers, I suspect it's probably around 30 games per system.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "SNES Aladdin"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#9HwoarangExpert1Posted 4/18/2013 8:52:17 AM
so a gamer should play a game, jump in a death pit 100 times for the plat, and move on to the next game

or a person can have 1 single game like Virtua Fighter 5 , master it , go to tournaments and be considered a top player in the world and maybe even make some type of living off playing the game, but hes causal cause hes not playing COD and farmville
---
PSN - Ziaro_7
#10You_Need_A_LifePosted 4/18/2013 8:57:58 AM(edited)
I don't think being a hardcore gamer is about how many games you have, or how often you play. I think it's about what kinds of games you play, why you play them, and how.

If you own a million games, but you only play them on Easy, only for Trophies, and you use guides and cheese your way through them, I'd say you're far from being hardcore.