This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

how many games do you need to be a hardcore gamer?

#91The_Only_HumanPosted 4/18/2013 4:21:46 PM
ps3_gamer_norge posted...
hey friends

today i was just sitting and philosophiziting about how
many games you need to call urself a hardcore gamer and i remember
some guy said you need at least 100 games to be a gamer
and 10 % platinum rate. its a hard question to answer but i think u need at least
150 games to be a hardcore gamer and i agree with 10% platnium rate.

thanks for listening and welcome to the topic

Assuming this is a troll topic immediately just because of your sig. If you turned 360 degrees you would still be looking at an Xbox. And I believe to be considered a "hardcore" gamer one would have to just play all types of games and play on any console.
---
Gamertag: xxsavagedeathxx
#92yarow12Posted 4/18/2013 4:32:12 PM
Hardcore gamers don't have tons of video games.
Hardcore gamers game... hard.
---
Where are all the trees going? o.O
{not changing sig until humanity meets responsibility June 2008}
#93PraetorXynPosted 4/18/2013 4:55:54 PM
It's less a question of quantity than quality. For instance, if you play CoD, regardless of what else you play, in my eyes you're a casual.
#94crazyman32Posted 4/18/2013 5:08:07 PM
There is no set number because the term hardcore gamer was made up for some people to brag and think they are better and to call anyone who dares question them a casual.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I apologize for nothing.
#95hellslingerPosted 4/18/2013 5:11:53 PM
I've been saying for years the term hardcore and casual need to be thrown out.
---
http://i.imgur.com/yVoaY.jpg
#96SpoonSportsPosted 4/18/2013 5:21:28 PM
Not about the quantity, it's about the quality
---
Calvin and Hobbes - Greatest comic I ever read!
JRSC 1988 Honda CRX ZC Tuned & Built by: HybridWerks
#970chocolachao0Posted 4/18/2013 5:35:38 PM
You only need 1 game to be a hardcore gamer. It's not about the quantity at all. It's how well you play the game. How big of a fan you are to a game. How analytical you are to much of the game's design and mechanics.
---
Take ALL of my MONEY!
PSN: ChocolaChao
#98yoshi006Posted 4/18/2013 5:40:16 PM
You need a minimum of 97 games in order to be considered for the Hardcore Gamer position. However, most applicants are not accepted unless they have at least 153 games.
---
Good gameplay can easily salvage a bad story.
Good story can never save bad gameplay.
#99johnny_payPosted 4/18/2013 5:59:02 PM
doesnt matter how many games you own its about how long you play them games. if you have 1 game and play it for 10 hours a day you are hard core, if you have 100 games and only play them an hour a day your not hard core.
#100Seifer_usPosted 4/18/2013 6:10:25 PM
I've said this before, but unless your job involves playing video games or you play video games for more hours of a given week then you actually spend working, you are a casual gamer.

Casual implies that it's something you do for fun or as a hobby in your spare time. If it's the thing you spend most of your time doing, even above and beyond work, it's not called being "hardcore", it's called being a "professional" (possibly also some kind of psychosis depending on the individual).

I have absolutely no problem with saying I'm a casual gamer, despite owning hundreds of games across many systems and putting an absurd amount of time into all of them. Games are entertainment; they are not my whole life.
---
PSN ID: Shawnji
Trophy List: http://psnprofiles.com/Shawnji