This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Capcom Shifts Development Back to Japan, DMC IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1velvet_hammerPosted 4/18/2013 10:38:28 AM(edited)
http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/04/18/capcom-cancels-gamesplans-to-sell-more-dlc-shifts-development-back-in-japan/

they’re going to shift development back in house (IE: In Japan) in order to “increase quality”, due to the lack of performance of titles developed by foreign studios. a "decline in quality due to excessive outsourcing" and poor overseas marketing and development.

Capcom also lowers DmC sales for a 4th time.. 1.2 mill is now out of the question new goal is 1.1mil..

---
"My style is welfare, half of you b****** is on it!!
Was born with a halo, when broke, I had to pawn it" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olVPXpGohII
#2theshovellerPosted 4/18/2013 10:39:05 AM
Uh-huh, because clearly "we're shifting back to Japan" equates to "we're making more games that just had a bad entry." I'm not saying this doesn't mean they're making that, but... read the facts, and don't claim something that isn't stated explicitly.

Personally, I kinda hope they make a sequel to the new Devil May Cry. I want to see where they would take it next.
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"
#3KiritoArtPosted 4/18/2013 10:40:59 AM
This also could mean they are gonna do like they did dino crisis and just ditch the franchise. Lets hope for the best.
---
NNID: SuperLuigi PSN:KiritoArt XBL:ChaseBelmont
#4velvet_hammer(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 10:41:13 AM
theshoveller posted...
Uh-huh, because clearly "we're shifting back to Japan" equates to "we're making more games that just had a bad entry." I'm not saying this doesn't mean they're making that, but... read the facts, and don't claim something that isn't stated explicitly.

Personally, I kinda hope they make a sequel to the new Devil May Cry. I want to see where they would take it next.

blah blah blah blah blah. Capcoms DMC team made Dragons Dogma.. Great game, I have 1000000000000% confidence Capcoms DMC team can and will continue with the goods
---
Was born with a halo, when broke, I had to pawn it" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olVPXpGohII
#5theshovellerPosted 4/18/2013 10:43:26 AM(edited)
KiritoArt posted...
This also could mean they are gonna do like they did dino crisis and just ditch the franchise. Lets hope for the best.

Exactly, I wouldn't want to see that, either. Actually, I didn't really want to see Dino Crisis 3, too, but when a Japanese guy says "Dinosaurs in SPACE!" who are you to argue? They made Katamari Damacy, and that's even more messed-up on paper.

Edit: Velvet, what the hell was that?
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"
#6wstfldPosted 4/18/2013 10:46:31 AM
Ha. DmC is the best Capcom game in years. It just had a negative word of mouth campaign from weeabos as soon as they saw the black hair. That game was doomed.

I hope they get it together, because they have a lot of potentially awesome games.
---
Last Played: Star Craft 2 HOTS (9.5/10)
Now Playing: SOTC HD, StarCraft 2, Wipeout 2048, Mortal Kombat (Vita), God of War Ascension
#7Vs1991Posted 4/18/2013 10:47:35 AM
The only things Capcom do good anymore are Fighting games and Monster Hunter.

All their good devs left cause it was a horrible company like alot of Platinum Games staff and Keiji Inafune.

A DMC going back to the original storyline may be good, but I don't have alot of hope.
#8JerichoDarkstarPosted 4/18/2013 10:49:36 AM
velvet_hammer posted...
theshoveller posted...

blah blah blah blah blah. Capcoms DMC team made Dragons Dogma.. Great game, I have 1000000000000% confidence Capcoms DMC team can and will continue with the goods

Then you are just setting yourself up for a major disappointment. I love Devil May Cry and the team(s) that worked on them (There was more than one Devil May Cry team), but Capcom as a whole has gone down hill, and Capcom calls the shots.
---
I'll make a big enough ruckus for everyone.
PSN: DarkSilverCloud
#9gucciburrrPosted 4/18/2013 10:55:52 AM
Wasn't there a Japanese developed hack n slash game released this year that scored much lower than DmC in reviews? One that damn near every reviewer said was inferior to DmC? Yea, the problem was definitely the western dev team. ......
---
Man I hate bein SOOOOOOOOBA!!!!!!
#10velvet_hammer(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 10:57:54 AM
wstfld posted...
Ha. DmC is the best Capcom game in years. It just had a negative word of mouth campaign from weeabos as soon as they saw the black hair. That game was doomed.

I hope they get it together, because they have a lot of potentially awesome games.

no the game was very very average for the genre especially in the game play.. classic DMCs was near the top with games like ninja gaiden...

Also Dragons Dogma craps all over DmC.. Dark Arisen is going to turn your comment into the biggest joke on this site
---