This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Capcom Shifts Development Back to Japan, DMC IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#41monkeypahngPosted 4/18/2013 3:49:29 PM
agrissa posted...
Will we actually start seeing good quality Capcom games from now on? I remain skeptical.

NOW WITH 200% MORE DLC AND 100% ON DISC because obviously it's better for the consumer.
---
The console with the greater spec generally loses.
FC: 1719-3458-5336 Follow me on twitter @Jamyfang
#42velvet_hammer(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 4:47:05 PM
theshoveller posted...
The thing about dodging in MGR is that there is one dodge move in the game, that you have to buy to use, and the thing Game Informer said about it is that it was "unwieldy" or something, which it kind of is - you hit two buttons at once, I think, and you do a sidestep-attack in the same direction and way every time, as opposed to Devil May Cry, or God of War, or... Dante's Inferno, I think?

They have a point with that one - give me a normal "free-dodge" like in almost every other melee combo action game.

10000000% false. they (GI) clearly said "NO DODGE".. There already is Revengenace mode gameplay vids USING DODGE ONLY NO PARRY... Dodge is 1000000% viable
---
"My style is welfare, half of you b****** is on it!!
Was born with a halo, when broke, I had to pawn it" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olVPXpGohII
#43theshovellerPosted 4/18/2013 6:33:46 PM
velvet_hammer posted...
theshoveller posted...
The thing about dodging in MGR is that there is one dodge move in the game, that you have to buy to use, and the thing Game Informer said about it is that it was "unwieldy" or something, which it kind of is - you hit two buttons at once, I think, and you do a sidestep-attack in the same direction and way every time, as opposed to Devil May Cry, or God of War, or... Dante's Inferno, I think?

They have a point with that one - give me a normal "free-dodge" like in almost every other melee combo action game.

10000000% false. they (GI) clearly said "NO DODGE".. There already is Revengenace mode gameplay vids USING DODGE ONLY NO PARRY... Dodge is 1000000% viable

I have the article right in front of me, allow me to quote it:

Game Informer, Issue #240 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance review (pg. 91)
Blocking is easier said than done, since it isn't assigned to a single button. You need to tilt the stick toward your enemy and press attack simultaneously, which causes Raiden to throw up his defense. If your timing is off, he swipes the sword at thin air, which is the worst possible alternative to blocking.

With practice, you can master this clunky mechanic and make it work reliably, but that doesn't make it good - especially since it's your main way of avoiding damage (despite a cumbersome dodge-attack move).

Now, if you mean "But what about that sidebar for people who don't read the whole article!?!?" then that's a different story. I'll quote that, too:

Playability
The blocking mechanic is cumbersome, and the inability to dodge or switch weapons quickly is frustrating. Basic attacks are easy to perform.

Is there a dodge? No. Is there a dodge-attack? Yes. Also, as someone pointed out, you can apparently move in more than one direction. I'll admit, I only unlocked it at the end boss fight, and using it made him dodge in the same direction every time - a step or two to the left and a vertical swing downwards.

Regardless... who cares? A game doesn't need to be loved by everybody for you to enjoy it. The same goes for professional reviewers. They're people, too, and last I checked, they had opinions, which don't always agree with every single living person in the world.
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"
#44OtakuGameraPosted 4/18/2013 6:37:52 PM
keiji inafune wants capcom to outsource more, keiji inafune left because capcom wont listen, now they outsourced but failed and now it's going back in house. what does that say?
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#45velvet_hammer(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 6:38:14 PM
theshoveller posted...
velvet_hammer posted...
theshoveller posted...

I have the article right in front of me, allow me to quote it:

Game Informer, Issue #240 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance review (pg. 91)
Blocking is easier said than done, since it isn't assigned to a single button. You need to tilt the stick toward your enemy and press attack simultaneously, which causes Raiden to throw up his defense. If your timing is off, he swipes the sword at thin air, which is the worst possible alternative to blocking.

With practice, you can master this clunky mechanic and make it work reliably, but that doesn't make it good - especially since it's your main way of avoiding damage (despite a cumbersome dodge-attack move).

Now, if you mean "But what about that sidebar for people who don't read the whole article!?!?" then that's a different story. I'll quote that, too:

Playability
The blocking mechanic is cumbersome, and the inability to dodge or switch weapons quickly is frustrating. Basic attacks are easy to perform.

Is there a dodge? No. Is there a dodge-attack? Yes. Also, as someone pointed out, you can apparently move in more than one direction. I'll admit, I only unlocked it at the end boss fight, and using it made him dodge in the same direction every time - a step or two to the left and a vertical swing downwards.

Regardless... who cares? A game doesn't need to be loved by everybody for you to enjoy it. The same goes for professional reviewers. They're people, too, and last I checked, they had opinions, which don't always agree with every single living person in the world.

saying parry is broke or there is no dodge is not an opinion... lol you still dont get it
---
"My style is welfare, half of you b****** is on it!!
Was born with a halo, when broke, I had to pawn it" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olVPXpGohII
#46Junpei_StupeiPosted 4/18/2013 6:50:18 PM(edited)
Hooraay!! They will turn Japanese again!

Capcom heard my voiceeee!!!

Hip, Hup, Hoooraaaay!

---
I think I bought the wrong console this gen.
#47RyuuHou25Posted 4/18/2013 6:46:42 PM
Bunch of idiots they are.

Brilliant idea, catch HUGE amounts of flack and bad press for your DLC tactics, and your plan to increase revenue is to......have more of it.

Because that's going to go over well.

If Capcom and SE are going to essentially keep blaming the market, ie customers for their products not selling well, then I say good riddance to them.

It is nice at least to hear their bringing development back in house, but at the same time.....these guys have cancelled FOUR mega man projects that were in house over the last 2-3 years.

At this rate, they'll never put a damn thing out and just keep releasing rehases of their classic titles.....and that's gone swimmingly for other companies who did that *coughAtari Namcocough*
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#48theshovellerPosted 4/18/2013 6:53:05 PM
Junpei_Stupei posted...
Hooraay!! They will turn Japanese again!

If you're born American, and you hire British people to make your food in your restaurant, you're a British company, and you yourself are British.

That's what you just implied. Yes, it is. Capcom has always been a Japanese company. It's where their headquarters is. It's where they started. They hired people from other countries to make stuff for them, but they didn't magically turn non-Japanese.
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"
#49chestershadowPosted 4/18/2013 9:14:39 PM
theshoveller posted...
Shadow Cloud posted...
theshoveller posted...
KiritoArt posted...
This also could mean they are gonna do like they did dino crisis and just ditch the franchise. Lets hope for the best.

Exactly, I wouldn't want to see that, either. Actually, I didn't really want to see Dino Crisis 3, too, but when a Japanese guy says "Dinosaurs in SPACE!" who are you to argue? They made Katamari Damacy, and that's even more messed-up on paper.

Edit: Velvet, what the hell was that?

Come on. Don't you want to see Devil May Cry.... in SPACE?!

Ebony and Ivory were replaced by Pulsar and Quasar, Dante's photon laser-phaser rays! One shoots white lasers, the other shoots black lasers! He fights Space-Mundus, who looks ironically a lot like the Space-baby from 2010: The Year We Make Contact. Lady would be a fembot, and Trish would be..... I don't know, a clone? Virgil would be his ship's AI, because why not.

Please.... Just kill me now.
#50THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 4/18/2013 9:20:09 PM
Noooooope.

They've must have bought Platinum Games, Suda 51, and Mikami back to Capcom cause if not....
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT