This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Capcom's response to poor sales is more DLC

#1Holy_OblivionPosted 4/18/2013 12:14:38 PM
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/18/capcom-re-evaluating-games-in-development-cancelling-certain-titles/#disqus_thread

They did say they want to improve the quality of their games though, so at least there's some ray of hope for them.
---
Visit my youtube page for game news, vids, anime, and plenty of other stuff:
http://www.youtube.com/user/BaoZakeruga?show_guided_help=1
#2JerichoDarkstarPosted 4/18/2013 12:16:23 PM
Actions speak louder than words. I'll only believe Capcom's quality is coming up when I see it. They've give me no reason to think otherwise.
---
I'll make a big enough ruckus for everyone.
PSN: DarkSilverCloud
#3CaptainLukaPosted 4/18/2013 12:26:01 PM
They're just another case of publisher entitlement. They spend stupid amounts of money on games, then have to sell more copies than humanly possible to turn a profit. They expect the consumers to just flock to the game since they threw their entire bank account at it, then get confused when that doesn't happen.

It's asinine and they're dragging down the industry. This kind of crap happens because of publishers and quality devs start getting blamed for a bad job and get shut down. Here's looking at EA this time, so I guess I'm getting off track.

Capcom needs to re-evaluate their entire business model. Then they can move on to the games.
---
Now playing: Pandora's Tower, Portal 2, Malicious, Halo 4, Skyrim, Etrian Odyssey IV, The World Ends With You
#4vind3dPosted 4/18/2013 12:45:12 PM
I would guess that is a temporary thing, done to quickly increase their "cash flow" since their flagship titles did not have the sales figures they expected. Making dlc is faster than making a complete game.
---
My favorite app is still the Mute button on my TV's remote.
#5Merc123Posted 4/18/2013 12:51:50 PM
CaptainLuka posted...
They're just another case of publisher entitlement. They spend stupid amounts of money on games, then have to sell more copies than humanly possible to turn a profit. They expect the consumers to just flock to the game since they threw their entire bank account at it, then get confused when that doesn't happen.

Yeah and its not just Capcom either, its alot of developers nowadays and its one of the reasons i hate this gen right now. Last gen we have a bunch of awesome games and some did not have really big budgets but were great games and some even survived to get multiple sequels. nowadays if you have a new game or new IP, the company spends all its money on it, and then it doesnt sell 5 million in its first month, you can say goodbye to the game series. I remember last gen when some developers were happy with selling 1 million copies. I think Dead Rising even had a free theme on xbox for selling a million, and that was the start of this gen.
#6ShineboxerPosted 4/18/2013 1:14:28 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7dj___rollPosted 4/18/2013 1:25:11 PM
Quote:http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/18/capcom-re-evaluating-games-in-development-cancelling-certain-titles/#disqus_thread

They did say they want to improve the quality of their games though, so at least there's some ray of hope for them.

@Holy_Oblivion

Way to make a slanted topic title to bring in the blind Capcom haters.
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerGuides 1.10
#8CloudisthebestPosted 4/18/2013 1:27:56 PM
Unless ALL of the dlc is free, then they can f*** off and I'll buy the game used.
---
'03 Mustang GT- Flowmaster exhaust, Maximum Motorsports subframe connectors, strut tower brace, k-member brace...
PSN: officersweetpant
#9agrissaPosted 4/18/2013 1:30:59 PM
"Decline in quality due to excessive outsourcing"

Oh wow it took them THAT long to figure that out?

And LOL@ them for think more DLC is gonna help them. It's only gonna get me and other smart consumers to boycott their games. Crapcom is doomed.
---
DMC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DmC
#10kcypher2000Posted 4/18/2013 1:40:57 PM
agrissa posted...
"Decline in quality due to excessive outsourcing"

Oh wow it took them THAT long to figure that out?

And LOL@ them for think more DLC is gonna help them. It's only gonna get me and other smart consumers to boycott their games. Crapcom is doomed.

Smart consumers? Smart consumers can make an educated decision about whether or not a game is worth $60 without dlc and decide if they are willing to pay for the dlc. Only gfaqs kids get butt hurt about dlc that no one is forced to buy.