This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Capcom's response to poor sales is more DLC

#21kcypher2000Posted 4/18/2013 10:40:01 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#22kcypher2000Posted 4/18/2013 10:43:32 PM
Ryan Si posted...
kcypher2000 posted...
agrissa posted...
"Decline in quality due to excessive outsourcing"

Oh wow it took them THAT long to figure that out?

And LOL@ them for think more DLC is gonna help them. It's only gonna get me and other smart consumers to boycott their games. Crapcom is doomed.

Smart consumers? Smart consumers can make an educated decision about whether or not a game is worth $60 without dlc and decide if they are willing to pay for the dlc. Only gfaqs kids get butt hurt about dlc that no one is forced to buy.

It's not about the money. Often times (not always) DLC is just content that 10 years ago would have been included within the game. Now they're putting content on the disc you paid for and locking it until you pay a fee.....DLC is fine if done the right way, but when it's obviously stuff that could have been in the main game, it's just a scam.

When EA first introduced DLC in Madden they were charging for alt uniforms...like WTF?

Not a scam kiddo, its called an option. You know what they called DLC years ago? Super Street Fighter 2. A whole new game. Guess what, gamers and fans of the series didn't care. Its not their fault you aren't smart enough to make an educated choice on how to spend your money. If you need the full experience then wait till the game is on sale then but it and the dlc.

That is actually what i do often and i get the DLC on sale too. That doesn't mean I blame the company for trying to make a buck over something they worked for. Way i look at it is simple. If the game out of the box, regardless of locked content or not. If what I research and find on a game is not worth the current price for what is available then I don't buy it or I wait for a price drop.

Some of you kids are going to freak out when you buy your first car and you don't realize that you have to pay extra for EXTRAs.
#23War_FailPosted 4/19/2013 1:16:28 AM
Good, this will hopefully lead to even more poor sales.

I truly, sincerely hope Capcom ends up like THQ, bankrupt and with its assets chopped up and sold off to other publishers.
---
RIP Mr. Hands June 22, 1960 - July 2, 2005
A true American hero
#24Brocken_JrPosted 4/19/2013 1:19:16 AM
hey capcom, enough with so much overpriced on disc dlc?

capcom: whats that, sonny? more dlc? ok....dern kids...
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPiQSvSoSpM
I don't make it a habit to fight the elderly!
#25Still__RippinPosted 4/19/2013 1:34:40 AM
kcypher2000 posted...
agrissa posted...

And LOL@ them for think more DLC is gonna help them. It's only gonna get me and other smart consumers to boycott their games. Crapcom is doomed.

Smart consumers? Smart consumers can make an educated decision about whether or not a game is worth $60 without dlc and decide if they are willing to pay for the dlc. Only gfaqs kids get butt hurt about dlc that no one is forced to buy.

---
Believe it or not, George isn't at home. l must be out or l'd pick up the phone. WHERE COULD I BE?! Believe it or not l'm not HOME!
#26TheCyborgNinjaPosted 4/19/2013 2:13:50 AM
They handle DLC worse than anyone. People complain about the high prices of DOA5's DLC, but at least every single piece of it is unnecessary. It's hardly the ending to Asura's Wrath, half the RE: ORC campaign (which was originally to be included on the disc according to a guy at Slant 6), and the 12 extra fighters in SFxT.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#27wake_mePosted 4/19/2013 6:23:14 AM
I really dislike game companies that sell DLC that was already on disc/made before release. I understand and enjoy expansion packs that are made after, but having content finalized before release and then selling it as DLC as shady.

I remember when Capcom used to mean quality.
#28agrissaPosted 4/19/2013 11:24:09 AM
kcypher2000 posted...
Ryan Si posted...
kcypher2000 posted...
agrissa posted...

It's not about the money. Often times (not always) DLC is just content that 10 years ago would have been included within the game. Now they're putting content on the disc you paid for and locking it until you pay a fee.....DLC is fine if done the right way, but when it's obviously stuff that could have been in the main game, it's just a scam.

When EA first introduced DLC in Madden they were charging for alt uniforms...like WTF?

Not a scam kiddo, its called an option. You know what they called DLC years ago? Super Street Fighter 2. A whole new game. Guess what, gamers and fans of the series didn't care. Its not their fault you aren't smart enough to make an educated choice on how to spend your money. If you need the full experience then wait till the game is on sale then but it and the dlc.

That is actually what i do often and i get the DLC on sale too. That doesn't mean I blame the company for trying to make a buck over something they worked for. Way i look at it is simple. If the game out of the box, regardless of locked content or not. If what I research and find on a game is not worth the current price for what is available then I don't buy it or I wait for a price drop.

Some of you kids are going to freak out when you buy your first car and you don't realize that you have to pay extra for EXTRAs.

LOL kiddo. You don't know what you're talking about. I love how you mentioned cars. It's funny in the car industry they have never taken out what's included in the base price to sell as "extras". As a matter of fact, the reverse has happened, since cars are getting more sophisticated and more items are now considered necessities for a car. DLCs are like mirrors, windshield wipers, signal lights, airbags, seatbelts, and headrests. Sure the car still runs fine without those but you can't tell me with a straight face that you don't need all those things to take your car on the road.

Calling DLCs "extras" is foolish to the max. That's what the publishers want you to think. They are content stripped out on purpose to make extra bucks and take advantage of ppl who don't know any better. Even if you're not fooled I don't see why you'd be defending something like that. You get less content for more money. I know you're gonna go "blah blah just wait for a price drop". Well I miss the days of getting the full package on day 1 at a reasonable price.
---
DMC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DmC
#29DavCubePosted 4/19/2013 12:33:20 PM
agrissa posted...

Never mind that didn't they supposedly learn that lesson as early as Rockman World 2? Which was, like, 20 years ago?

Capcom is insane. "Oh, we're not doing well! Let's just do MORE of what we're already doing and hope it'll start working!"

*headdesk*
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube
#30MwarriorHieiPosted 4/19/2013 12:45:17 PM
LOL kiddo. You don't know what you're talking about. I love how you mentioned cars. It's funny in the car industry they have never taken out what's included in the base price to sell as "extras". As a matter of fact, the reverse has happened, since cars are getting more sophisticated and more items are now considered necessities for a car. DLCs are like mirrors, windshield wipers, signal lights, airbags, seatbelts, and headrests. Sure the car still runs fine without those but you can't tell me with a straight face that you don't need all those things to take your car on the road.

Calling DLCs "extras" is foolish to the max. That's what the publishers want you to think. They are content stripped out on purpose to make extra bucks and take advantage of ppl who don't know any better. Even if you're not fooled I don't see why you'd be defending something like that. You get less content for more money. I know you're gonna go "blah blah just wait for a price drop". Well I miss the days of getting the full package on day 1 at a reasonable price.

wtf are you even trying to say here.

thank you for informing us of this, mr gaming industry insider. i am in awe at your intimate knowledge of the development process at capcom.
---
http://i.imgur.com/TQEciMP.jpg