This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

American Netflix finally got stopped? Canadian question..

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. American Netflix finally got stopped? Canadian question..
2 years ago#1
Yeah, so with netflix I guess their licenses for movies come and go all the time. They must shuffle them around. I actually enjoy most of the movies on our netflix better but...

A few weeks ago my buddy showed me how changing the DNS numbers can actually give you another regions netflix. American Netflix has a few movies and series I enjoy that we don't have and vice versa. So I've been switching back and forth a bit.

Anyway, there was an update to the netflix app like last week. I guess they finally caught on or something because now I get errors when I try to watch stuff on the American version.

Anyone from seperate regions having this issue and know a way around it besides moving? Haha. Thanks!
---
The fire baby, it'll burn us both. Always....and never.
2 years ago#2
Gmoney- posted...
Yeah, so with netflix I guess their licenses for movies come and go all the time. They must shuffle them around. I actually enjoy most of the movies on our netflix better but...

A few weeks ago my buddy showed me how changing the DNS numbers can actually give you another regions netflix. American Netflix has a few movies and series I enjoy that we don't have and vice versa. So I've been switching back and forth a bit.

Anyway, there was an update to the netflix app like last week. I guess they finally caught on or something because now I get errors when I try to watch stuff on the American version.

Anyone from seperate regions having this issue and know a way around it besides moving? Haha. Thanks!

When did you start getting errors? I have American DNS codes in my PS3 right now and netflix was working for me last night.

I am getting really tired of jumping through hoops just so I can get decent content, I am really sick of region locking.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
2 years ago#3
Try signing out, and in again (hold start and select at app startup). I've been getting errors since the last update too, but only occasionally. Signing out definitely fixed it but I still had it happen last night.
2 years ago#4
I connect my laptop to my TV with an HDMI for American Netflix using the media hint extension in chrome. Then PS3 for our Netflix. Works perfectly all the time.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. American Netflix finally got stopped? Canadian question..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived