This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

We dont have any space exploration games or galactic battles

#1Devilman_AmonPosted 4/18/2013 4:42:49 PM
There's no games where you can travel from planet to planet (no quick travel in ME dont count and I dunno if Star Ocean 4 even had anything I never played it) other than Infinite Space for NDS.
Not even the Macross PS3 games...hmm
I think 360 had some S-E game that flopped called Project Silpheed, but you'd think by now they'd make a cool game like Colony Wars from the PS1 era where we could travel in space and you see a planet coming up close to you and then you enter its atmosphere.
Maybe PS4 then....
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#2arstosPosted 4/18/2013 4:46:40 PM
There's some for pc and there's more on the way, just one of the genres that don't do well on console
---
PSN: dragonlibrarian plays; Awesomenauts, Skullgirls, Jojo's HD, SSFIITHDR, SFIII: OE, MVC2, AH3, KoF 94/95/96/XIII, VF5:FS, P4A, GGXXAC+HD, DS:R, CS:GO, UTIII
#3akuma634Posted 4/18/2013 4:50:11 PM
It would be cool if they ever do a Star Trek game that plays out kind of like a bunch of episodes of the show. The new game sounds promising but it is one big conflict and probably going to be a linear story. It would fun to have a game where you command the Enterprise in a sandbox style setting where you get distress signals for missions and side quests, as well as plenty of time to talk with your crew, as well as be able to switch from the team on the ship and the ground team whenever you want.
#4arstosPosted 4/18/2013 4:58:18 PM
That's a big part of the reason I'm trying the mmo now that it's free to play
---
PSN: dragonlibrarian plays; Awesomenauts, Skullgirls, Jojo's HD, SSFIITHDR, SFIII: OE, MVC2, AH3, KoF 94/95/96/XIII, VF5:FS, P4A, GGXXAC+HD, DS:R, CS:GO, UTIII
#5Devilman_Amon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 4:59:39 PM
arstos posted...

Yeah except I heard it sucked and was boring and no I'm talking about console games anyway not PC games. (which theres Eve Online for that)
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#6AnonUnknownPosted 4/18/2013 5:00:17 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
There's no games where you can travel from planet to planet (no quick travel in ME dont count and I dunno if Star Ocean 4 even had anything I never played it) other than Infinite Space for NDS.
Not even the Macross PS3 games...hmm
I think 360 had some S-E game that flopped called Project Silpheed, but you'd think by now they'd make a cool game like Colony Wars from the PS1 era where we could travel in space and you see a planet coming up close to you and then you enter its atmosphere.
Maybe PS4 then....

Evochron for PC has planets coming up close to you and then you enter their atmosphere...
#7wheepitupPosted 4/18/2013 5:01:09 PM
Wait for Star Citizen on PC.
---
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/decayedmatter
Me - http://i.imgur.com/uHSawjv.jpg
#8Paragon-57Posted 4/18/2013 5:02:23 PM
Only game I can think of is Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time. Other than that, I agree - it'd be cool if it was fleshed out more in Scifi games and such instead of... Well, just fast-travel and such.
---
P a r a g o n - 5 7 was here!
Happy Gaming!
#9Devilman_Amon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 5:05:22 PM
Stop talking about PC I dont want a PC game.

I can barely play Legend of Galactic Heroes on my Labtop anyway
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#10arstosPosted 4/18/2013 5:09:01 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
arstos posted...

Yeah except I heard it sucked and was boring and no I'm talking about console games anyway not PC games. (which theres Eve Online for that)

Eh, I'm having fun with it so far. I would enjoy seeing a game like your describing come to consoles, but the scope of such a game and how niche the genre is means it's just not very likely. That's a big part of the reason I've started to branch out to pc, there's a lot of stuff there that will never be on consoles
---