This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which open world game should I get?

#1iamanoob101Posted 4/18/2013 5:00:02 PM
I'm probably going to get a new PS3 (yes, I know, a bit late... I've been broke the whole time, don't judge) and I want to get a new open-world game. So can you compare these 3 and tell me which one is best?

GTA IV vs. Sleeping Dogs vs. Just Cause 2

Thanks!
#2zyrax2301Posted 4/18/2013 5:01:04 PM
Sleeping Dogs I guess. It would be the most fun...followed by JC2.

These are definitely not the three games I expected to see when you said you were getting a new PS3.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#3psprulz2007Posted 4/18/2013 5:01:34 PM
Seriously....all 3. They are all good.

If I had to rank them it would be

GTA4/Just Cause 2
Sleeping Dogs

Gta 4 is on sale on the psn store if you have or plan to get ps+.
---
PSN(ps3+Vita)+GT= FeelinKorny
#4Still__RippinPosted 4/18/2013 5:02:11 PM
While Just Cause 2 may seem great it gets old REALLY REALLY fast. GTA IV get's a lot of hate on this board, l don't really know why. lt's a great game, maybe not on the scale of San Andreas but you will definitely enjoy it and as far as causing chaos and using cheats goes it's still as good as it's ever been. Sleeping Dogs is really great but only for doing missions. You won't be going on any rampages but it's still a great game as well.
---
Believe it or not, George isn't at home. l must be out or l'd pick up the phone. WHERE COULD I BE?! Believe it or not l'm not HOME!
#5Ferarri619Posted 4/18/2013 5:03:12 PM
Yakuza 3/4. Probably the most addictive open world game series I've ever played, lots to do, fun combat, etc. If you can't start with Yakuza 1 and 2 on PS2, you should probably view the stories of them via the Yakuza 3 feature.
---
~Nintendo 64. Get N or Get out. Coming Fall 1996~
#6Devilman_AmonPosted 4/18/2013 5:03:16 PM
Sleeping Dogs

Then get Yakuza 3 & 4 as well even though they are not fully open world.

Then get Shenmue II and play it on a used 360

Then get Deadly Premonition DC later this month

Then later get MGS V when it comes out

Then maybe contemplate GTA V (if it doesn't suck like GTA IV did)

Then go to Japan and visit Sega headquarters and slap the CEO in the faceand demand that they localize Yakuza 5, Yakuza HD Collection, and start working on Shemue III for PS4 already...

And while you're there, get me a 2 foot tall Godzilla figure...
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#7iamanoob101(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 5:06:17 PM
zyrax2301 posted...

These are definitely not the three games I expected to see when you said you were getting a new PS3.

Oh... Those were just open world games I want (I don't really want Prototype or Infamous and stuff). What would you recommend (except Saint's Row 3. Doesn't interest me in the least.)
#8Still__RippinPosted 4/18/2013 5:06:33 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
Sleeping Dogs

Then get Yakuza 3 & 4 as well even though they are not fully open world.

Then get Shenmue II and play it on a used 360

Then get Deadly Premonition DC later this month

Then later get MGS V when it comes out

Then maybe contemplate GTA V (if it doesn't suck like GTA IV did)

Then go to Japan and visit Sega headquarters and slap the CEO in the faceand demand that they localize Yakuza 5, Yakuza HD Collection, and start working on Shemue III for PS4 already...

And while you're there, get me a 2 foot tall Godzilla figure...

You shouldn't push your regionally challenged agenda on every post. lt really is tasteless.
---
Believe it or not, George isn't at home. l must be out or l'd pick up the phone. WHERE COULD I BE?! Believe it or not l'm not HOME!
#9zyrax2301Posted 4/18/2013 5:11:38 PM
iamanoob101 posted...
zyrax2301 posted...

Oh... Those were just open world games I want (I don't really want Prototype or Infamous and stuff). What would you recommend (except Saint's Row 3. Doesn't interest me in the least.)

Straight out I'd recommend RDR. It's awesome.

Then I would recommend Infamous which is heaps of fun, but if you don't want that then so be it.

I agree about SR3, it kinda sucks. Certainly lacks lustre.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#10BizzaroMurphyPosted 4/18/2013 5:13:02 PM
Grand Theft Auto IV
---
Hooch is crazy.