This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Skyrim vs Dark Souls vs Dragon's Dogma

#21SpacePirateSealPosted 4/19/2013 6:32:06 PM
Demon's Souls = Dragon's Dogma > Dark Souls > Skyrim... Now I bet you wonder why I like Demon's Souls more than Dark Souls even though Dark Souls had everything "improved", thing is it improved on everything but magic and that silly poise mechanic etc. thus making it slightly worse than Demon's Souls.
---
PSN>TheReal_Seal I'm the official Vega of the universe!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TrangOul-1280/hero/25125410
#22DrakillionPosted 4/19/2013 6:47:39 PM
Dragon's Dogma. I liked Skyrim at first but after 40+ hours, I don't feel like playing anymore for some reason... on PC.

Dark Souls took me awhile to get used to because of the controls and how it feels but the game grew on me. However, the difficulty can get to me so if I get stuck in a really hard part, I'd drop the game for a week or so.

Dragon's Dogma's combat, multiple vocations, the "feel", I loved it. My GOTY of 2012. Only drawbacks is that the story shouldn't have been condensed at the end, a bit small, too much walking without anything interesting, and you can't resist arrest if you're in Gran Soren XD
---
Mitsuru Kirijo voices Tara Platt.
#23levelmaster2Posted 4/19/2013 6:52:48 PM
Only heard of Skyrim and even then I wasn't impressed.
---
"Really? Are you sure he doesn't normally speak in pirate?"
#24DakhanavarXPosted 4/19/2013 7:09:59 PM
Really depends on what I'm in the mood for. If it's for messing around, exploring, etc., then I'd go with Skyrim. If I want "exciting" combat, I'd go with Dogma. If I want more methodical combat, I'd go for Souls.

I don't think I'd really bother to try to put them in any sort of order because they try to achieve different things (Especially Skyrim vs. the other two). I guess if I had to, I'd give the edge to Skyrim just because of the variety. It might not do combat as well as the other 2, but it does a lot more overall. Plus it has modding on the PC, which puts it on a completely different level if you take that into consideration.

Can't go wrong with any of 'em, really.
---
Member of the 8-Bit Playas: http://www.youtube.com/user/8BitPlayas
See my game collection: http://darkadia.com/member/Dakhanavar/library
#25Devilman_AmonPosted 4/19/2013 7:24:36 PM
SpacePirateSeal posted...
Demon's Souls = Dragon's Dogma > Dark Souls > Skyrim... Now I bet you wonder why I like Demon's Souls more than Dark Souls even though Dark Souls had everything "improved", thing is it improved on everything but magic and that silly poise mechanic etc. thus making it slightly worse than Demon's Souls.

Yeah but its not as linear and I prefer the campfires
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#26Devilman_AmonPosted 4/19/2013 7:25:42 PM
Drakillion posted...
Dragon's Dogma. I liked Skyrim at first but after 40+ hours, I don't feel like playing anymore for some reason... on PC.

Dark Souls took me awhile to get used to because of the controls and how it feels but the game grew on me. However, the difficulty can get to me so if I get stuck in a really hard part, I'd drop the game for a week or so.

Dragon's Dogma's combat, multiple vocations, the "feel", I loved it. My GOTY of 2012. Only drawbacks is that the story shouldn't have been condensed at the end, a bit small, too much walking without anything interesting, and you can't resist arrest if you're in Gran Soren XD

Why come you ain't got Berserk for PS2....
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)