This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

[Former] Square Enix President Yoichi Wada says goodbye

#1Paragon-57Posted 4/19/2013 8:20:52 AM
Not sure if posted, but for those interested.

Current President Wada held a short pre-recorded video at the beginning of the live producer letter. In the video Wada stated, “I’m sure some of you have heard, I will be stepping down as President. Thank you for your support all these years.” Wada followed up by saying, “To be quite frank, as a businessman I haven’t been performing as well as I should. In order to address our current situation, we’ve had to make many difficult decisions.” In the end he said goodbye with, “We felt this change of leadership was a necessary part of the process. Although I will no longer be president, I’m confident the company will press on and thrive in my absense.” As for the new president, Yoshida states later in the video that “the new president seems to be a gamer as well.”

http://theslanted.com/2013/04/3894/yoshida-discusses-final-fantasy-xiv-beta-tests-3-and-4-president-says-goodbye/#.UXFgXbVJNu7

I know many of you will miss him.
---
P a r a g o n - 5 7 was here!
Happy Gaming!
#2SigmaHacielPosted 4/19/2013 8:21:53 AM
I miss him.

Said nobody ever.
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#3ps3_gamer_norgePosted 4/19/2013 8:23:45 AM
Friends,

While its sad to see he lost his job, I'm not sure I can say I will miss him.
However I'm safe in the knowledge that he will find a new job.
Unfortunately he was not right for the position he had and I wish both him and square Enid luck in the future

Thanks for sharing
---
sir George of london
#4squall1981Posted 4/19/2013 8:37:59 AM
Friends,

this could be the best thing for SE, they havent produced a decent game for a long time so a shake up at the top might help
---
trolls and fanboys are the same just working on different ends of the spectrum.
#5ISquat600lbsPosted 4/19/2013 8:50:44 AM
Drakengard and Nier fans will miss him, apparently he's a big fan and he had a hand in making Drakengard 3 happen.

I don't really care though, too many gamers think they're experts on the industry. I bet most who badmouth him don't even know what his job entails day to day. You want to blame someone for Final Fantasy being crappy lately? Blame whoever directed and produced Final Fantasy XIV for not ensuring the quality was there at any point before they decided to release it, and blame Toriyama for XIII. Want to blame anyone for Versus XIII not coming out? That's anyone's guess, it probably didn't help that Nomura makes Kingdom Hearts crap every 5 minutes. Type-0 localization? Blame everyone who got a PSP, put custom firmware on it and then never bought games for it, which is everyone who got a PSP outside of Japan.
#6SigmaHacielPosted 4/19/2013 8:51:22 AM
ISquat600lbs posted...
Drakengard and Nier fans will miss him, apparently he's a big fan and he had a hand in making Drakengard 3 happen.

I don't really care though, too many gamers think they're experts on the industry. I bet most who badmouth him don't even know what his job entails day to day. You want to blame someone for Final Fantasy being crappy lately? Blame whoever directed and produced Final Fantasy XIV for not ensuring the quality was there at any point before they decided to release it, and blame Toriyama for XIII. Want to blame anyone for Versus XIII not coming out? That's anyone's guess, it probably didn't help that Nomura makes Kingdom Hearts crap every 5 minutes. Type-0 localization? Blame everyone who got a PSP, put custom firmware on it and then never bought games for it, which is everyone who got a PSP outside of Japan.

Adorable when gamers think they know something about the industry.
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#7ISquat600lbsPosted 4/19/2013 8:56:45 AM
SigmaHaciel posted...
ISquat600lbs posted...

Adorable when gamers think they know something about the industry.

Ugh, that was the point of my post. I wasn't saying I know anything, I was saying everyone else does, like all the people who badmouth Wada. It's fact that Toriyama's writing was awful though, and everyone knows the director and producer are at the top of a game's development and they should be making sure it's at least playable. It's also fact that no one releases PSP games out of Japan because everyone pirates them. That's no industry knowledge, those are just known, undeniable things, common sense basically.

Seeing as you clicked/refreshed the page, clicked quote, typed out your reply and got it posted within 38 seconds of my post going up I'm guessing you probably didn't even read the whole thing and just decided to try and sound clever with your one line attempt at an insult. "SigmaHaciel" lol, sounds like something out of a weeabo anime.
#8Seifer_usPosted 4/19/2013 9:05:57 AM
I find it hard to feel bad for him considering the next two generations of his family can probably live off his earnings over the past decade. He made a lot of poor decisions and will almost certainly fit in better in a different industry like he was in before he joined Square-Enix.
---
PSN ID: Shawnji
Trophy List: http://psnprofiles.com/Shawnji
#9flintzPosted 4/19/2013 9:50:49 AM
*Celebrates!*
---
"Hans! Look alive! Take the helm! We'll show that fishbowl thing how real men of the sea retreat!" -Captain of the Thames, Xenogears
#10pokemon_45_79_1Posted 4/19/2013 9:56:17 AM
Don't let the door hit you on the way out wada, you deserve it for running SE into the ground and placing them in the situation they are in.

Sorry but he gets no sympathy from me, and I understand his day to day job as president and CEO, screwing over your best director in Nomura and playing favorites with Toryiama and his crap.

I am really surprise Nomura been so patient, a lot of people would have cracked and most likely leave said company.

Toryiama does not need to be fired but put on another project not named FF, he might do better on another project.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.