This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do some people have over 45,000 Trophies? do they have no life?

#41Video_Game_CzarPosted 4/19/2013 6:27:01 PM
Hacking Trophies...Why? It's some how giving them super powers in the real world? because I could not see why you would want to...Seeing that 90% of PS3 owners don't care about them...Really, like 50 or so of my friend have less then 200 trophies. Then throw in the countless hundreds of people I've played online.

I only like them because it shows what I've beaten/played just to shut people up on the internet because god forbid any person speak ill of something they paid 60 dollars for.
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#42huyiPosted 4/20/2013 5:20:24 AM
hotgamer posted...
huyi posted...
this Pockidrive guy is absolutely unbelievable, he even puts me to shame! but this guy must never wash or never seen the outside to get all these games 100% like that!

He is a hacker. The best legit guy out there is Hakoom.

Also, people like Hakoom have multiple people using that account. So there is one guy playing at all time while the others are doing something else. It's physically impossible to get all of this alone unless you play 24/7 since the ps3 was released, which is impossible unless you don't eat, sleep and wash yourself.

edit: and you're right, Pockidrive had a profile on psn profiles but it seems it was removed for a reason (ie cheating) I'm still waiting for hakoom to complete the yakuza ganes though and sonic generations, hes done neither. :(
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD DLC THE GAME http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ
#43BlinkWinkelPosted 4/20/2013 5:57:21 AM
People with ridiculous amounts of trophies most likely hacked their PS3 and are using cheats. As for the people who obtained them legally, they are most likely NEETs who play games all day long and focus on easy trophies. Sharing their account with their friends to get trophies faster is also another option.
---
PSN: http://psnprofiles.com/BlinkWinkel
My Anime List: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/BlinkWinkel
#44Taran_McDohlPosted 4/20/2013 5:59:19 AM
4sakuraHa0 posted...
The_Big_Deek posted...
hows it possible they have over 45k trophies?

http://ps3trophies.com/leaderboard/

do they like have no life and play playstation 24 hours a day? shouldnt they die from doing that all day? i have like 2000 trophies since launch day. seriously how on earth do they have so many trophies or do they have like a squad of 10 people who play on the same account 24/7 ???? its not possible for 1 man to get than many trophies himself. he would die from that much videogaming like those koreans.

Several reasons:
- They must have sharing accounts. I have a friend where he and his brothers share the same psn account.
- Get the trophy by hacking.
- Buying games with easy to get trophy
- They are THAT good.

I want to clarify something.
Getting trophies does not make you good...it just means you are willing to put the time in. 99% of trophies are just time consuming and can be gotten easily if you just stick with it...so it has nothing to do with being good at games.
---
In every person there are 2 dogs fighting...one Good and one Evil. The one that wins is the one you feed the most.
PSN: Taran_Omega / Steam ID: tpanciera
#45Stanger5150Posted 4/20/2013 6:16:04 AM
Worry about yourself.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
#46shadowcat2164Posted 4/20/2013 6:24:31 AM
its probably hacked. I remember when I platinumed hitman 2 I was one of the first people in the world to do it according to psn profiles but the guy who did it first platinumed all 3 games in the hd collection like 3 weeks before it came out and all 3 were platinumed with in minutes of each other if I remember right. Personally I really dont see the point in that the whole point of trophies is to earn them your self and have fun doing it?
#47ARMs7777Posted 4/20/2013 6:33:49 AM(edited)
oviously there are people and communities who do care otherwise why would they even bother. Getting trophies can be fun I had fun getting trophies on games I know i can get a platinum. These people have a goal (a driving factor) that makes it fun for them.

Its the same thing as people and communities that put the time to speed run, and break records.
#48captainjeff87Posted 4/20/2013 7:05:16 AM
I like trophies as much as anyone else here but when it gets to the point of people hacking them, teaming up on accounts and playing kid's games to get plats, it kind of ruins them.

I'd rather have 12 plats as of now from games that I enjoyed playing than hundreds of plats from games that I either hacked to get or played shovelware like Hannah Montana.
---
PSN: CaptainJeff87 (please say Gfaqs in friend request msg)
#49David DouglasPosted 4/20/2013 12:18:22 PM
I like earning some trophies myself but I cant understand why anyone would take them this seriously. Legit player or not.
#50The_Big_Deek(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 3:35:39 AM
David Douglas posted...
I like earning some trophies myself but I cant understand why anyone would take them this seriously. Legit player or not.

The Hakoom Brothers do it because under Bamacare they can trade Trophies in for Food Stamps...............................or RPGs.
---
COD4 >>>>>> BO1 > BO2 >>>>> MW3 >> MW2 > COD3 > WAW > COD2 > COD1