This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I get the new Tomb Raider or keep my Deadly Premonition PS3 preorder?

#1Project-CanaanPosted 4/19/2013 8:37:43 AM
I had the Tomb Raider HD trilogy in my backlog and playing it has gotten me into Tomb Raider, so I kinda want to get the new one, but RIGHT NOW, I only have money for one or the other.

Which one do you guys recommend?
#2Boneca91Posted 4/19/2013 8:46:36 AM
Don't touch the new Tomb Raider, that's it.
---
PSN:GenkiMGP
#3DeanpoolPosted 4/19/2013 8:50:47 AM
Ive heard the new tomb raider is a big flop, besides which the ps3 version of Deadly Premonition is looking better and better.
---
La vie est fromage.
#4DelsinRowePosted 4/19/2013 8:51:05 AM
The new Tomb Raider is pretty average. Definitely a very overrated game. But then again, Deadly Premonition has a reputation for being awful.
---
You are not in control.
#5656stoogePosted 4/19/2013 8:54:08 AM
I take it you've played all the Uncharted's? If not then would you have enough money for one of them and Deadly premonitions?
---
How to treat a woman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syRQ7iShpzY
#6DeanpoolPosted 4/19/2013 8:56:17 AM
DelsinRowe posted...
The new Tomb Raider is pretty average. Definitely a very overrated game. But then again, Deadly Premonition has a reputation for being awful.

Deadly premonition has very mixed opinions tho, also a lot were about its graphical flaws and from what i read the ps3 version is gonna be full HD quality so if graphics are the only (or main) problem for some then this issue might just have been resolved.
---
La vie est fromage.
#7Project-Canaan(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 8:57:42 AM
I have Uncharted 1 and 2. I only got 1/3 of the way through 1 though. It's one of the games I have to get back into, lol.

So basically, what you're saying is that Tomb Raider's like Uncharted?

And supposedly, they did a complete overhaul on DP PS3. They redid the graphics, changed the map completely, messed with the controls, changed the driving, added all new story scenarios. I played a bit of the XBOX version and it wasn't bad. I just hated having to drive around while waiting for an event to occur at a certain time of the day. I got lost easily in that game.
#8656stoogePosted 4/19/2013 8:59:01 AM
Deanpool posted...

Deadly premonition has very mixed opinions tho, also a lot were about its graphical flaws and from what i read the ps3 version is gonna be full HD quality so if graphics are the only (or main) problem for some then this issue might just have been resolved.

I really don't think they have. I love the game, don;t get me wrong, but the PS3 version is only a very minor step up compared to the 360 version, and if the trailers are anything to go by (and I'm really hoping they've polished it up since then) then the PS3 version looks and sounds worse in certain areas.

But then you don't really buy this game for it's graphics.
---
How to treat a woman:
#9ShineboxerPosted 4/19/2013 9:03:09 AM
Why the hell would you preorder deadly premoniton?

Nobody is buying it now,and nobody is going to buy it on ps3.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#10656stoogePosted 4/19/2013 9:04:27 AM
Project-Canaan posted...
I have Uncharted 1 and 2. I only got 1/3 of the way through 1 though. It's one of the games I have to get back into, lol.

So basically, what you're saying is that Tomb Raider's like Uncharted?

And supposedly, they did a complete overhaul on DP PS3. They redid the graphics, changed the map completely, messed with the controls, changed the driving, added all new story scenarios. I played a bit of the XBOX version and it wasn't bad. I just hated having to drive around while waiting for an event to occur at a certain time of the day. I got lost easily in that game.

I haven't played the new TR yet, but Uncharted is meant to be pretty similar in a lot of ways. And I implore you to immediately starting playing Uncharted 2 if you weren't that fond of the first game, as it fixed every single issue I had with the original, which I consider to be mediocre, and is easily in my top ten games of this gen.

As for the PS3 version of DP, I'd expect they kept the same game structure where you have to wait for events, but here's hoping the map is much improved.
---
How to treat a woman: