This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I get the new Tomb Raider or keep my Deadly Premonition PS3 preorder?

#11Project-Canaan(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 9:06:58 AM
I'll put Uncharted 2 next on my list after I finish up with Tomb Raider Legend. Eh, maybe I should finish up 1 first even if it IS the mediocre game in the series. Then I'll jump into part 2. xD
#12DeanpoolPosted 4/19/2013 9:09:55 AM
656stooge posted...
Project-Canaan posted...
I have Uncharted 1 and 2. I only got 1/3 of the way through 1 though. It's one of the games I have to get back into, lol.

So basically, what you're saying is that Tomb Raider's like Uncharted?

And supposedly, they did a complete overhaul on DP PS3. They redid the graphics, changed the map completely, messed with the controls, changed the driving, added all new story scenarios. I played a bit of the XBOX version and it wasn't bad. I just hated having to drive around while waiting for an event to occur at a certain time of the day. I got lost easily in that game.

I haven't played the new TR yet, but Uncharted is meant to be pretty similar in a lot of ways. And I implore you to immediately starting playing Uncharted 2 if you weren't that fond of the first game, as it fixed every single issue I had with the original, which I consider to be mediocre, and is easily in my top ten games of this gen.

As for the PS3 version of DP, I'd expect they kept the same game structure where you have to wait for events, but here's hoping the map is much improved.

Good Call friend! Uncharted 2 is a game changer - fantastic from start to finish. Uncharted 3 also a blinder but the 2nd always stands proudest in my opinion.
---
La vie est fromage.
#13656stoogePosted 4/19/2013 9:16:26 AM
Project-Canaan posted...
I'll put Uncharted 2 next on my list after I finish up with Tomb Raider Legend. Eh, maybe I should finish up 1 first even if it IS the mediocre game in the series. Then I'll jump into part 2. xD

I suggest doing what I resorted to and bumping the game down to easy. I love hard games, but a lot of the difficulty spikes in Uncharted just seemed really cheap. That's another thing the sequel fixes by the way. No more enemies spawning behind you with one hit kill weapons.
Unfortunately Uncharted 3 brings them back in some scenes though.

But yeah, if you can finish it then fine. I liked the story and characters in the first game, and they do play a role in future games, so it's always worth it just for that. But don't let an average game put you off playing a great one.
And honestly, I'd be (pleasantly I guess) surprised if the new TR was as good as Uncharted 2. And even if it is just as good, Uncharted 2 should keep you happy until it drops in price a bit.
---
How to treat a woman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syRQ7iShpzY