This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else in Canada get this email?

#11NotCeoPosted 4/19/2013 1:30:10 PM
Didn't get the email, I know of plenty of people that did.

Honestly I'm not even going to bother filling out the forms and mailing the thing for one of the games on the list. Nothing good (that I don't already own or have owned).
#12RafedxPosted 4/19/2013 1:33:29 PM
agrissa posted...
Not worth the hassel to me. The list of free games offered is exactly the same as the list from the welcome back program last time. Lame. Why not offer actual GOOD games?

You answered your own question, my guess would be they hope the stuff they are giving out won't be enough to entice people to actually opt into the law suit. It is working thus far, I have seen many people just say "**** it" based solely on the garbage they are offering.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
#13Ochd12Posted 4/19/2013 1:38:54 PM
Rafedx posted...
agrissa posted...
Not worth the hassel to me. The list of free games offered is exactly the same as the list from the welcome back program last time. Lame. Why not offer actual GOOD games?

You answered your own question, my guess would be they hope the stuff they are giving out won't be enough to entice people to actually opt into the law suit. It is working thus far, I have seen many people just say "**** it" based solely on the garbage they are offering.

Isn't it the opposite? You accept the settlement and give up any right to further legal action?
#14RafedxPosted 4/19/2013 1:42:39 PM
Ochd12 posted...
Rafedx posted...
agrissa posted...

Isn't it the opposite? You accept the settlement and give up any right to further legal action?

Hmm, maybe. I thought if you didn't opt in you were screwed out of it more or less forever. Who knows maybe I am all screwed up in this. My bad if I am. I could very well have missed something, I will read it again.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
#15agrissaPosted 4/19/2013 1:50:49 PM
Rafedx posted...
Ochd12 posted...
Rafedx posted...
agrissa posted...

Hmm, maybe. I thought if you didn't opt in you were screwed out of it more or less forever. Who knows maybe I am all screwed up in this. My bad if I am. I could very well have missed something, I will read it again.

They are hoping that most ppl will just take no action, which will most likely be the case. Not many ppl are willing to go through hassels just to claim an old mediocre game.
---
DMC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DmC
#16Sailor Goon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 3:00:47 PM
Its not really worth it, especially if you already opted in the Welcome Back campaign. Most of the games are the same ones given during that promo.
---
"A laptop is a handheld console" - LOL_FAQ
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh