This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What Will Save Final Fantasy

#1Arn544Posted 4/19/2013 10:33:47 AM
Quite simply they need go back to what worked.

Final Fantasy 15 needs the following:

ATB combat like 4-9 ::: 7-9 had incredible cinematics *in battle* the PS4 could run luminous engine graphics in battle because it only loads a small arena
Story quality of 6-10
Presentation quality of FF7-9 ::: (X had a good story but poor presentation)
Large World Map
Hollywood like model like FF8/Spirits Within
Same Graphical quality of FF13

What they don't need:

ADB combat - It doesn't work, I respect they feel the need to give the series a new battle system but you can't replace something just for the sake of replacing, you have to have something better. Not to mention it's supposed to be a turn based series, it's what makes FF what it is, if I wanted a system like the ADB I'd play Dragon Age.

Smaller Budget- Wada said there would be no more big projects. This is a huge mistake. Recent titles have not been lackluster because they spent too much money but because they spent too little money.

Say a world map had cost them 100mil$ extra in FF13, that would have removed the linearity complaint and SE would have made every dime of that back in sales because the game would have been better received and then it would have returned in 13-2 and 3.

Another anime story - This is a huge problem with reaching out to foreign markets, western/european gamers *will not* buy anime by the 10s of millions ever unless it's for children. You can point to examples of success anime has had in the west but notice they're all titles marketed at children.

Can you name the anime targeted for the 18+ men (gaming's biggest demographic) that had the most success in the west? I've certainly never heard of one that caught on like wildfire.

Can you name the most successful anime movie to ever be in theaters? How long ago was it in theaters? How well did anime movies do in theaters last year?

I respect some people love it, the bulk of the market doesn't. Modern Warfare 3 sold 30 million copies, Final Fantasy won't ever break 10 million again unless they go back to the hollywood model some of their previous titles had.

If 18+ men can't talk about it with their friends it will not do well. Every story that came after FF9 (FFX+) has embarrassed me to the point (watching it by myself) I'd never recommend it to a friend.

Racism The biggest problem probably lies with SE's total disrespect towards foreigners that it has developed. Pre merger Final Fantasy always used English actors with Japanese dubs/subtitles, why? English is the most poetic language and it sounded better. And look at FF7, countless characters were originally based off Americans (like each person of the Shinra) all changed to Japanese people for no reason other than the obvious one - they dislike foreigners.
#2pokemon_45_79_1Posted 4/19/2013 10:36:12 AM
Versus XIII or FFXV but they have to go back to the roots that made FF what it is, it could save FF brand.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#3squall1981Posted 4/19/2013 10:37:19 AM
Friends,

World map like ff1-9

Mini games like triple triad

memerable extra bosses like ruby/emerald/omega/ultima weapon etc

better gameplay instead of focusing too much on graphics
---
trolls and fanboys are the same just working on different ends of the spectrum.
#4Furikuri_flclPosted 4/19/2013 10:37:51 AM
10 had a good story?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M
---
Now Playing: Picdun, Xenoblade Chronicles, Luminous Arc 2, Virtue's Last Reward.
#5toadiemanPosted 4/19/2013 10:38:09 AM
Be more like Dragon Quest.
---
PSN: toadieman
#6pokemon_45_79_1Posted 4/19/2013 10:39:12 AM(edited)
Like I said going back to its roots would save it.

Also tc wada gone so his no longer smaller budget saying means anything.

Friends,

World map like ff1-9

Mini games like triple triad

memerable extra bosses like ruby/emerald/omega/ultima weapon etc

better gameplay instead of focusing too much on graphics
---
trolls and fanboys are the same just working on different ends of the spectrum.

NNK is pretty much the same with the world map, that needs to come back, it can be done.
---
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#74sakuraHa0Posted 4/19/2013 10:43:49 AM
Don't release it outside Japan.
Seriously, too many complaints from Western gamers !!
---
If someone post "I don't care", they actually care VERY much.
If they DON'T care, they WON'T bother posting.
#8pokemon_45_79_1Posted 4/19/2013 10:44:45 AM
Don't release it outside Japan.
Seriously, too many complaints from Western gamers !!
---
If someone post "I don't care", they actually care VERY much.
If they DON'T care, they WON'T bother posting.

What needs to happen is SE needs to stop catering to the west with there FF brand as it was an east series.
---
#9theatrical_catPosted 4/19/2013 10:45:52 AM
They could try making a good game. I'm no expert, but that seems like it would help.
---
In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.
#10Darkwolf BloodsbanePosted 4/19/2013 11:03:58 AM
theatrical_cat posted...
They could try making a good game. I'm no expert, but that seems like it would help.

They did that twice, and got met with MASSIVE complaints both times.

Once: it'z n0t FFV11!!!!!
2nd time: OMG, itz 2 L1n34r!!!!!!!!!!
---
Leather doesn't really suit me...unless it's lingerie. - Katythefr3ak