This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What Will Save Final Fantasy

#101voljin1987Posted 4/21/2013 4:11:52 AM
Personally I love me some viera.. and IMO the best combat of any FF games was in FF12 with it quasi real time structure.. I felt that FF12 was THE right step forward for the series with its gambit system, the licensing boards, the hunts, a seamless quasi non-linear map, random items from chests etc.

I like Fran not because she has rabbit ears.. i like her and balthier coz they are solid characters whose backstories were hinted along throughout the game.. the world looked better than that of FF13, there was more to do.. the monster designs were better than 13.. I mean I would LOVE a sequel to 12 (revenant wings doesnt count) wherein a origin story for fram and balthier is told..

FF13 takes everything good about 12 and basically gives us a monotonous world with dull insipid characters and an equally dull story.. i mean did anybody give a f*** about la-cie and pulse and all that cr*p (especially hard for me to digest when i put in 100 hrs on my FF12 and came to FF13 with wild expectations )

And SE in their infinite wisdom, instead of leaving 13 to be a stand-alone abomination, gives us 13-2 and a 13-3.. This, I say, this is not what is gonna save final fantasy
#102Arn544(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 4:51:18 AM
majin nemesis posted...
Arn544 posted...

majin nemesis posted...
Arn544 posted...
Depends on what you mean by Fran, rabit-women would be a bad idea, basically the vieras were made for a child's game (tactics advance) then spilled into the main series. We don't want things like that.

who's we?
speak for yourself

Okay then, if you don't want the west to buy it because it looks like it's for 8 year olds.
I've seen time and time again people say it's for pre teens, a rabit woman doesn't help Final Fantasy

Every FF for their last several titles the mainstream west takes one look at and labels it with a 3 letter word
Having things like the viera is only going to cement that and keep them from buying it.

FF12 sold a lot and it also has lots of fans in the west so having Viera characters didn't stop the game from selling also it's Final Fantasy not Final reality

edit:also if you want FF to sell a lot then make it an FPS with great multiplayer and it will sell like crazy

12 was the lowest selling FF since FF6
#103majin nemesisPosted 4/21/2013 5:08:05 AM
Arn544 posted...

nope it sold more then 9 and X-2
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#104Arn544(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 5:12:23 AM
majin nemesis posted...
Arn544 posted...

X-2 doesn't count as a main title, 9 sold at a higher % you have to adjust the numbers to the console it's sold on.
#105majin nemesisPosted 4/21/2013 5:28:42 AM
Arn544 posted...
majin nemesis posted...
Arn544 posted...

X-2 doesn't count as a main title, 9 sold at a higher % you have to adjust the numbers to the console it's sold on.

that's not how it works FF12 sold more deal with it and FFX-2 is still a Final Fantasy
whether or not it's a main title so it counts
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
#106Arn544(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 5:42:03 AM
majin nemesis posted...
Arn544 posted...
majin nemesis posted...
Arn544 posted...

that's not how it works FF12 sold more deal with it and FFX-2 is still a Final Fantasy

It sold more on a console that sold 50 million more than it did, FF9 outsold 12

It's 5.3% to about 3.5% deal with it

And as far as X-2 goes if you wanna throw sequels into the mix, X-2 sold 4x more than Revanent wings (12's sequel)
#107majin nemesisPosted 4/21/2013 6:50:20 AM
Arn544 posted...
majin nemesis posted...
Arn544 posted...
majin nemesis posted...
Arn544 posted...

It sold more on a console that sold 50 million more than it did, FF9 outsold 12

It's 5.3% to about 3.5% deal with it

And as far as X-2 goes if you wanna throw sequels into the mix, X-2 sold 4x more than Revanent wings (12's sequel)

console sales don't mean anything FFXII sold more then FF9 regardless of how many consoles were sold
---
#108Arn544(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 6:55:21 AM
It matters if you're in the industry. They don't give a crap about the raw numbers but the %
#109majin nemesisPosted 4/21/2013 7:00:02 AM(edited)
Arn544 posted...
It matters if you're in the industry. They don't give a crap about the raw numbers but the %

no they give a crap about raw numbers because that's the ones that count that stupid percentage means nothing and if companies are following that no wonder why they are not having profit lately
---
#110PSI_IKEPosted 4/21/2013 7:20:01 AM
If it's any consolation, Bravely Default on 3DS looks pretty amazing
---
Now listen to the bell, with my face flashing crimson from the fires of hell...
So what are you afraid of, and what are you made of?