This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What Will Save Final Fantasy

#91Arn544(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 8:56:06 PM
somberfox posted...
ATB combat like 4-9 ::: 7-9 had incredible cinematics *in battle* the PS4 could run luminous engine graphics in battle because it only loads a small arena

Are you saying you want them to bring back insanely long, unskippable summon animations that make battles drag on too long? Eww, no.

Not necessarily that, I mean in FFX you could skip the summon scenes

Go watch an FF7 battle video, watch all the camera effects. When you cast magic it spins around and shows you the front of their face and stuff.
And the graphics in battle are much higher than you see on the field.

Although they do need those high detailed summon cinematics too, just make them skippable.
#92Pawkie07Posted 4/20/2013 8:58:57 PM
FF7 remake
#93Arn544(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 9:01:01 PM
Pawkie07 posted...
FF7 remake

That would actually kill them, they are not squaresoft, most of the people who made FF7 aren't even with the company.
You can't just recreate somebody else's creation, it's like telling a modern artist to remake the mona lisa.

They even managed to tarnish remakes of lesser FFs, they could not handle FF7
#94voljin1987Posted 4/20/2013 9:13:12 PM
Imagine
- FF12's (my personal fav of the ff games) world map though seamless and in glorious HD
- characters like fran and balthier,
- real time combat like zelda
- stats and loot driven gameplay like diablo 3 thought in 3d (necrohol of nabudis is randomly generated and has 50 levels to go down to),
- 4 player local and multiplayer co-op
- weapon stats like in dirge of crebus
- character stats like etrian odyssey
- sinctillating story of deception, political intrigue and war on a large scale (no more romance jrpg fare plz)
- job system which impacts which missions you can undertake giving multiple endings to the game

that folks is my definition of what will save FF..
#95Arn544(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 2:01:54 AM
voljin1987 posted...
Imagine
- FF12's (my personal fav of the ff games) world map though seamless and in glorious HD
- characters like fran and balthier,
- real time combat like zelda
- stats and loot driven gameplay like diablo 3 thought in 3d (necrohol of nabudis is randomly generated and has 50 levels to go down to),
- 4 player local and multiplayer co-op
- weapon stats like in dirge of crebus
- character stats like etrian odyssey
- sinctillating story of deception, political intrigue and war on a large scale (no more romance jrpg fare plz)
- job system which impacts which missions you can undertake giving multiple endings to the game

that folks is my definition of what will save FF..

We don't need real time combat, this isn't a real time combat series if I want that I'll play skyrim

Depends on what you mean by Fran, rabit-women would be a bad idea, basically the vieras were made for a child's game (tactics advance) then spilled into the main series. We don't want things like that.

Only kind of multiplayer that would be okay would be something like FF9 where you can set different characters to different controllers but it's still meant to be single player.
#96white windPosted 4/21/2013 3:33:36 AM
the same people who biched about FF VIII not being a FF VII...... now like FF VIII
the same people who biched about FF IX not being a FF VIII...... now like FF IX
the same people who biched about FF X not being a FF IX ...... now like FF X
the same people who biched about FF XII not being a FF X...... now like FF XII

those same people will like XIII when the next one come out.
---
PSN: ghattas
#97majin nemesisPosted 4/21/2013 3:44:38 AM
white wind posted...
the same people who biched about FF VIII not being a FF VII...... now like FF VIII

this FFXIII seems to be gaining more fans lately
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#98majin nemesisPosted 4/21/2013 3:47:33 AM
Arn544 posted...
Depends on what you mean by Fran, rabit-women would be a bad idea, basically the vieras were made for a child's game (tactics advance) then spilled into the main series. We don't want things like that.

who's we?
speak for yourself
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
#99Arn544(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 4:00:14 AM
white wind posted...

I didn't like 12 6 years ago and I don't like it now
In fact I think the opposite's true, I find I liked X a whole let less when I played it recently

majin nemesis posted...
Arn544 posted...

who's we?
speak for yourself

Okay then, if you don't want the west to buy it because it looks like it's for 8 year olds.
I've seen time and time again people say it's for pre teens, a rabit woman doesn't help Final Fantasy

Every FF for their last several titles the mainstream west takes one look at and labels it with a 3 letter word
Having things like the viera is only going to cement that and keep them from buying it.
#100majin nemesisPosted 4/21/2013 4:28:25 AM(edited)
Arn544 posted...

majin nemesis posted...
Arn544 posted...

who's we?
speak for yourself

Okay then, if you don't want the west to buy it because it looks like it's for 8 year olds.
I've seen time and time again people say it's for pre teens, a rabit woman doesn't help Final Fantasy

Every FF for their last several titles the mainstream west takes one look at and labels it with a 3 letter word
Having things like the viera is only going to cement that and keep them from buying it.

FF12 sold a lot and it also has lots of fans in the west so having Viera characters didn't stop the game from selling also it's Final Fantasy not Final reality

edit:also if you want FF to sell a lot then make it an FPS with great multiplayer and it will sell like crazy
---