This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hyper Dimension Neptunia Victory vs Mugen Souls vs Trinity Universe

#1musumanePosted 4/19/2013 12:31:52 PM
Which do you recommend? - Results (47 votes)
HDN Victory
82.98% (39 votes)
Mugen Souls
12.77% (6 votes)
Trinity Universe
4.26% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I am looking for a decent length ( at least 30 hours for the core game ) jRPG. I have played the first two HDN games and liked 1 more than 2 ( though 2 had a better battle system)

Battle System being good isn't a must, I mainly want interesting/good characters, a decent challenge, and just having a fun time.

Which would you guys recommend?
---
Haku (or Jinsei Shinzaki or whatever name he goes by nowadays) is badass.! - 619King
#2ShinXaguraPosted 4/19/2013 12:34:31 PM
I do like HDNV battle and growth system but I never play Mugen Soul or Trinity Universe.

I vote for HDNV.
---
To fight is to live. To live is to fight.
#3PHEEliNUXPosted 4/19/2013 12:35:15 PM
Victory is the best, Mugen Souls is very long and grindy like Disgaea, But it is IMO boring when it comes to grinding and not fun like Disgaea
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
"Lesser Demon is less than a Demon, But more than an Imp"
#4DelsinRowePosted 4/19/2013 12:42:38 PM
Where is the none option? Terrible biased poll.
---
You are not in control.
#5superbowl54Posted 4/19/2013 12:42:41 PM
Victory

I can't speak on Mugen Souls since I haven't played it, but that seems close to a cross between Mk2 and Disgaea.

Trinity Universe is very much like the first Neptunia but without as interesting characters.

Victory has a good length (took me about 45 hours on my first playthrough to get the normal ending), some bosses can be very challenging (Ch 5 CopyPaste and Arfoire, Ch 8 Yellow Heart especially), and it combines the best aspects of HDN 1 (humor, story) with Mk2 (improved battle system - it's been refined even more after Mk2).
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Black Ops 2, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory, Injustice, Valkyria Chronicles, DmC
#6Resident WeevilPosted 4/19/2013 1:36:30 PM
I guess Victory, though your question amounts to asking what the better is of crap, s**t, or poop.
---
HP/MP restored!
...but you're still hungry
#7musumane(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 8:59:42 AM
Seems people like HDN V, so I will probably go with that.
---
Haku (or Jinsei Shinzaki or whatever name he goes by nowadays) is badass.! - 619King
#8Androm2Posted 4/20/2013 12:03:17 PM
Resident Weevil posted...
I guess Victory, though your question amounts to asking what the better is of crap, s**t, or poop.

This reply here is sooo right every word.
---
"Skies of Arcadia, Suikoden 2. Suikoden 5 are the games that effected my view of life, the best entertainment I've ever had, the humans best creation"
#9bh7812Posted 4/20/2013 3:46:03 PM(edited)
Quote:Resident Weevil posted...

This reply here is sooo right every word.

@Androm2

It's not. It's not a funny or cute statement. He didn't intelligently state why he thinks they're bad games. He just threw that sentence out there praying for a laugh. Ill take the person who takes the time to intelligently write why they dislike something over childish crap like what he did.

To answer the actual question though, from what I can personally vouch for, like HDN1 Trinity Universe is a game you'll need a lot of patience and high attention span for. Trinity Universe has far better music than HDN 1 though. HDN V I haven't gotten to yet but it's supposedly even better than HDN 2. Mk2 is a far better game than the first one and I can recommend that one. Mugen Souls I have as well, that's on the to play list but I can't speak for that one yet.

---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.10
#10BigRussDaGODPosted 4/20/2013 4:32:02 PM
Own all 3 and have to go with HDN V.

Completed HDN V, it had the best combat system out the 3 and was downright hilarious at times. Much better than the first too which i also own and completed.

Mugen Souls i haven't even opened yet.

Trinity Universe's battle system was downright boring and couldn't bring myself to complete it... yet. I will one day though.