This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do some people hate on trophies so much?

#1Syko_DarksydePosted 4/19/2013 4:47:04 PM(edited)
You get called a trophy w**** when really collecting trophies is no different than 100% your old Super Mario and Donkey Kong games. Only now we got something to show for it. My friend helps me collect trophies only because he's in the same boat as me; he considers them part of the game. I strive to complete a game as much as I can although I won't torture myself to get all the trophies. If I'm close though I'll go through the hassle but if the game is just too tedious (like the new Mortal Kombat) I won't bother; as coarse I'll collect as many as I can though.
---
Remember, if you find yourself alone riding through green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled. For you are in Elysium. And you're already dead.
#2Sez6Posted 4/19/2013 4:47:39 PM
We live in the hate era. Get used to it.
#3crazyman32Posted 4/19/2013 4:48:38 PM
Welcome to the internet where raging and trolling is commonplace.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I apologize for nothing.
#4SmoshCuchPosted 4/19/2013 4:58:51 PM
Because in many cases, it has replaced in-game unlockables that were actually useful.

It is also part of the reason why cheats and d/l saves are no longer allowed.

I don't hate on trophies or anyone who enjoys them, but I would like the ability to opt out of trophies and use d/l saves again.

That is at least part of the reason, anyway.
#5Syko_Darksyde(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 5:05:58 PM
SmoshCuch posted...
Because in many cases, it has replaced in-game unlockables that were actually useful.

I don't hate on trophies or anyone who enjoys them, but I would like the ability to opt out of trophies and use d/l saves again.

I guess that's kind of true. There should be a 'disable trophies' function. I hate seeing 0%, 1% next to games I only played once. Of coarse I'm not going to bother getting those games just to change that (although I am tempted, kind of OCD about that, I'd rather have 40-50% than nothing / little at all)
---
Remember, if you find yourself alone riding through green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled. For you are in Elysium. And you're already dead.
#6Lord_XandrosPosted 4/19/2013 5:08:37 PM
SmoshCuch posted...

Trophies are not a part of the problem you stated at all, it's just given the blame so the haters have something negative they can say.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/custom1/Angelic_Rave.png | Alternate PSN Account - MrRaveyGravy
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrRaveyGravy
#7SegavsCapcomPosted 4/19/2013 5:09:34 PM
Because of how pointless they are.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#88f9g43k8ku7335pPosted 4/19/2013 5:12:36 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...

Because gaming is not pointless.
#9Syko_Darksyde(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 5:15:20 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...

So getting 100% back in the SNES and N64 days were pointless too? *stops trying to beat every level in Goldeneye on 00 agent mode, stops trying to collect all the stars in Mario 64*
---
#10Sliver_Fata_ZPosted 4/19/2013 5:16:32 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...

Yeah.. and how is gaming not pointless ? or reading a book ?
---
Your time is running out & you're never gonna get it back.
So, make the most of every moment.