This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bioshock infinite is a horrible game with the worst ending ever.

#51Drkr_ZenPosted 4/20/2013 4:30:39 AM
ITT: TC didn't understand the story, gameplay - hates game.
---
Playing: MGR:R, BL2, KoA:R
GOTY: Bayonetta (2010) DX:HR (2011) Borderlands 2 (2012) BS: Infinite (2013)
#52bad3ip420Posted 4/20/2013 4:24:46 PM(edited)
brainlack posted...
jubjub360 posted...
DelsinRowe posted...
jubjub360 posted...
bad3ip420 posted...
People who are saying it has a great story obviously don't read novels. Standard is too low nowadays :((

Play less; Read more

Yeah because video games=books. How about you name a game with a better story.

Spec Ops.

Haven't played it so I can't comment on it.

spec ops nier and i have no mouth but i must scream so videogames are books too metro 2033 and last light adaptation of metro 2033 and metro 2034

@jubjub, you obviously do not know much about the industry. Apparently, games=books. There are a lot of books being adapted to games and vice versa, so people regard it on the same form of entertainment--to provide an engaging/immersive story. Games of the past (Text based adventure, point and click, RPG's) used to focus on telling a story. Did you know about The Witcher, The walking dead, Game of thrones, Tomb Raider, Metro 2033, Deus Ex, and many more being adapted/based from novels?

I can't name any games with a better story as it is "my" opinion and cannot be held as a standard. But I can tell you why people think that Infinite is regarded as a revolutionary game. Only few games tackle quantum mechanics and are able to execute it properly but I got to tell you that the idea used in Infinite is already used up to the bones and does not provide any new interesting grounds.

Gamer's reaction to Infinite only shows their limited exposure to novels .
---
PSN: Remall69 (Playing: Dragon's Dogma)
"MC: Gutts l Pawn: Griffith (JOIN THE BAND OF THE HAWK NOW!)
#53TroutfischPosted 4/20/2013 4:32:42 PM
Kenaue posted...
Sounds like you just have a horrible opinion.

---
PSN: Troutfisch
#54jubjub360Posted 4/20/2013 4:41:46 PM
brainlack posted...
jubjub360 posted...
DelsinRowe posted...
jubjub360 posted...
bad3ip420 posted...
People who are saying it has a great story obviously don't read novels. Standard is too low nowadays :((

Play less; Read more

Spec Ops.

spec ops nier and i have no mouth but i must scream so videogames are books too metro 2033 and last light adaptation of metro 2033 and metro 2034

I'm strictly talking about video games that had no other media that was before the release. Not the ones adapted from books. Here's what the difference is between Metro 2033 and Bioshock: Metro already had a basis to work from with a book, while Bioshock was an original concept (again for a game). That means that the adaption is not an original idea and it takes from a concept already set in stone. That's the point I'm making.
#55ManservicePosted 4/20/2013 4:46:11 PM
Kenaue posted...
Sounds like you just have a horrible opinion.
#56jubjub360Posted 4/20/2013 4:46:59 PM
bad3ip420 posted...
brainlack posted...
jubjub360 posted...
DelsinRowe posted...
jubjub360 posted...
bad3ip420 posted...

Spec Ops.

@jubjub, you obviously do not know much about the industry. Apparently, games=books. There are a lot of books being adapted to games and vice versa, so people regard it on the same form of entertainment--to provide an engaging/immersive story. Games of the past (Text based adventure, point and click, RPG's) used to focus on telling a story. Did you know about The Witcher, The walking dead, Game of thrones, Tomb Raider, Metro 2033, Deus Ex, and many more being adapted/based from novels?

I can't name any games with a better story as it is "my" opinion and cannot be held as a standard. But I can tell you why people think that Infinite is regarded as a revolutionary game. Only few games tackle quantum mechanics and are able to execute it properly but I got to tell you that the idea used in Infinite is already used up to the bones and does not provide any new interesting grounds.

Gamer's reaction to Infinite only shows their limited exposure to novels .

See and here's your problem: You are trying to cross two different mediums and then attempting to give a reason for why people like the story. Maybe, and this is going to be mind blowing, maybe they like Bioshock's story because it's good for a video game? Hell I've read many books in my time and for a video game Bioshock Infinite has a great story.

If you try to compare one medium to another, you begin to look like a bitter fool. Just remember, you don't have to play games.
#57OEIO999Posted 4/20/2013 4:48:32 PM
The games at least a 8/10