This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Playing through Mass Effect is more like a chore than a video game

#1LitCandlezPosted 4/19/2013 6:34:18 PM
I'm at the beginning of Mass Effect 1. I run around and listen to huge amount of dialogue, then run around some more, with the occasional shooting bit to break things up. Now I am in this extremely boring vehicle section. The 'evil' options and actual gameplay parts are the only things I like about the game, and I just barely like the gameplay.

Does the trilogy get better?
---
GAMEFAQS- Where posting a different opinion is trolling, and moderators are always right! We all love this website!
I have a Vita-PSN LitCandles
#2velvet_hammerPosted 4/19/2013 6:35:39 PM
no and the biggest waste of all is none of all that useless dialogue matters especially all these supposed choices
---
"My style is welfare, half of you b****** is on it!!
Was born with a halo, when broke, I had to pawn it" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olVPXpGohII
#3Skull007o_OPosted 4/19/2013 6:36:13 PM
2 and 3 are more action oriented, but there's tons of dialogue as well
#4CaptainLukaPosted 4/19/2013 6:37:31 PM
Well, it IS a space opera. The last two get more action-y though.
---
Now playing: Pandora's Tower, Portal 2, Malicious, Halo 4, Skyrim, Etrian Odyssey IV, The World Ends With You
#5Devilman_AmonPosted 4/19/2013 6:37:47 PM
velvet_hammer posted...
no and the biggest waste of all is none of all that useless dialogue matters especially all these supposed choices

---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#6Devilman_AmonPosted 4/19/2013 6:42:39 PM
CaptainLuka posted...

Its a glorified sloppy third person shooter with dating/conversation sim elements

There's not even any spaceship/battleship controlling/dogfights and exploring the galaxy in real time. I thought its supposed to be "an rpg".

Hey want to visit another planet or galaxy? Lets look at dat loading screen.

Even Infinite Space does that better in that regard and thats a freakin DS game...

Its crazy that a cancelled 1995 beta launch N64 game (Robotech) was supposed to have free flight in space (6 month real time travel distance) and we have yet to match that 18 years later on consoles.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#7CaptainLukaPosted 4/19/2013 6:45:30 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
CaptainLuka posted...

Its a glorified sloppy third person shooter with dating/conversation sim elements

There's not even any spaceship/battleship controlling/dogfights and exploring the galaxy in real time. I thought its supposed to be "an rpg".

Even Infinite Space does that better in that regard and thats a freakin DS game...

Its crazy that a cancelled 1995 beta launch N64 game (Robotech) was supposed to have free flight in space (6 month real time travel distance) and we have yet to match that 18 years later on consoles.

Seems like you had that pent up... That all kind of came out of nowhere.
---
Now playing: Pandora's Tower, Portal 2, Malicious, Halo 4, Skyrim, Etrian Odyssey IV, The World Ends With You
#8jrr18Posted 4/19/2013 6:47:46 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
CaptainLuka posted...

Your right it's an RPG and your roll is not the point so your point is pointless. Also only a complete and utter moron would spend 6 months real time flying across a map I mean come on that is stupidest thing to want in a game ever. you due just got feed!
---
Victory over the leprechaun werewolves through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#9flintzPosted 4/19/2013 6:49:46 PM
i found ME1 boring, but ME2 and 3 much better, them being some of the best games ive played this gen.
---
"Hans! Look alive! Take the helm! We'll show that fishbowl thing how real men of the sea retreat!" -Captain of the Thames, Xenogears
#10Devilman_AmonPosted 4/19/2013 6:51:39 PM
jrr18 posted...

Your right it's an RPG and your roll is not the point so your point is pointless. Also only a complete and utter moron would spend 6 months real time flying across a map I mean come on that is stupidest thing to want in a game ever. you due just got feed!

No genius...of course it'd be stupid to aimlessly fly from one end of the game space to the other in 6 months....that's not the point; wake up and stop drooling...the Goddamn point is that its there and that means the game world then has nigh infinite possibilities to travel and explore other worlds. Imagine entering a planet during a space battle and going into its atmosphere and landing in real time right in the middle of a ground war. That'd be sick

Otherwise enjoy your FF XIII linearity. There's a reason Toriyama liked ME and put the outfits in his XIII sequel. Both are linear snooze fests..
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)