This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Playing through Mass Effect is more like a chore than a video game

#21blt123SengPosted 4/20/2013 12:21:37 AM(edited)
Never got people that said the first was the best. It had the worst game play by a mile, the worst voice acting, the fewest amount of interesting characters, the most monotonous sections, and was not quite as funny as the last two games. The other two are much better.

Edit: The first is easily the hardest to get through. If you get through the first, you will enjoy the next ones a lot more and get through them much more easily. It took me forever to 100% the first in preparation for the third game. I completed the Second game much more quickly even though the second took more actual time to completely get through.
#22NarutoPosted 4/20/2013 12:53:59 AM
I like ME1, but there are long stretches of boredom and elevators. While I like the idea of exploring planets, the Mako is simply not fun. Yet I feel compelled to explore all the desolate mountains and craters. I wouldn't want to go through ME1 again, but it's still a great game.
#23War_FailPosted 4/20/2013 1:10:41 AM
Naruto posted...
I like ME1, but there are long stretches of boredom and elevators. While I like the idea of exploring planets, the Mako is simply not fun. Yet I feel compelled to explore all the desolate mountains and craters. I wouldn't want to go through ME1 again, but it's still a great game.

Like for example, the amount of time between starting the game and finishing it.
---
RIP Mr. Hands June 22, 1960 - July 2, 2005
A true American hero
#24IChangedMyNamePosted 4/20/2013 1:16:41 AM
Exploration on ME was a boring ***** chore for sure.

I liked the game overall because it was a SciFi game, but it had many flaws...... and glitches.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#25DuwstaiPosted 4/20/2013 1:40:28 AM
I love ME1. Its probably my favorite of the series even though I love them all.

But yeah, ME1 to ME2 is a big change. So if you dont like ME1, you very well may like 2. 2 is much more steamlined and action oriented. Also its got a completely new combat system and is very polished unlike ME1.

But its missing the great story and atmosphere of ME1, which blows away anything else in the series imo. Which is why I love it.

No matter what though, push through and finish the game for the story. If you must, drop it down to easy and just do the main quest. 8 hours tops and its awesome. Get off the Citadel asap and just do the main missions.

Also I highly suggest playing as an adept, or at least some class with powers. Playing as a soldier is a lot of fun in me2 and 3.. but in ME1 its awful. So boring. The gunplay in ME1 is terrible, but the powers are actually extremely fun to use (imo more fun than 2 and 3 because of how powerful they are), so I say play as Adept or maybe Vanguard.
---
balls
#26peter_888Posted 4/20/2013 1:43:36 AM
Naruto posted...

Mako is tons better than planet scanning.
---
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
#27Robert_Griffin3Posted 4/20/2013 4:26:05 AM
is the character carry over from ME1 worthwhile?
#28SoliquidusPosted 4/20/2013 4:33:57 AM
Yeah. Mass Effect is a pretty crap series

Mass Effect 2 is tied with Grand Theft Auto IV, for Most Overrated Game This Gen in my opinion. Sigh. If I wanted to control a Tank, I would play Battlefield. Why that Shep dude controls like a M1 Abrams is beyond me. Actually, I know why the Shep guy controls like this. Bioware isn't talented. That's why. Ugh. The game feels so sluggish overall.

So many other aspects of the series that are just crap, but i'll leave it at this for now
---
PS3 without Immersion lacks Rumble and PS3 without Rumble lacks Immersion. Finally Sony did the right thing
#29brolynickPosted 4/20/2013 5:13:10 AM
Finish it a.s.a.p. and play Mass Effect 2. Finished that game 5 times now and I want to play through it again soon. Gameplay is much improved, but most importantly the story and characters are amazing.
---
Chris Jericho is better than God.
#30QwelzaarKanePosted 4/20/2013 5:16:03 AM
If a mediocre TPS and garbage RPG had a baby, the ME series would be the result.
---
http://i.imgur.com/msYQbAw.gif
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/QwelzaarKane.png