This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone here generallly dislike both FPSs and JRPGs?

#1DelsinRowePosted 4/19/2013 7:53:44 PM
It always seems like people who dislike one like the other, but I don't enjoy either genre.
---
You are not in control.
#2harcoreblazerPosted 4/19/2013 7:55:00 PM
I enjoy both, i actually enjoy a lot of genres and games, from GTA to Final Fantasy to Mario Bros to Sonic the Hedgehog to Battlefield to Counter-Strike.
---
Starting a flame war is easy, the hard part is ending it.
Official funyarinpa of the 999 boards.
#3kaiser ryuPosted 4/19/2013 7:55:53 PM
I generally like everything. Except RTSs.
---
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06
#4DelsinRowe(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 7:56:47 PM
harcoreblazer posted...
I enjoy both, i actually enjoy a lot of genres and games, from GTA to Final Fantasy to Mario Bros to Sonic the Hedgehog to Battlefield to Counter-Strike.

Glad to hear that. I just hate not being able to see the character, and JRPGs just seem like grindfests most of the time and usually has artstyles I don't like.
---
You are not in control.
#5harcoreblazerPosted 4/19/2013 7:59:00 PM
DelsinRowe posted...
harcoreblazer posted...

Glad to hear that. I just hate not being able to see the character, and JRPGs just seem like grindfests most of the time and usually has artstyles I don't like.

Yeah, i just played Dragon Quest 3, you wake up in bed with the sword and shield O_O.
---
Starting a flame war is easy, the hard part is ending it.
Official funyarinpa of the 999 boards.
#6PurificationPosted 4/19/2013 8:01:20 PM(edited)
DelsinRowe posted...
harcoreblazer posted...

I guess you would REALLY hate JRPG's that are first person where you can't see your characters.

On the other hand, I've never played a JRPG where I needed to grind though. And I've played ALOT of JRPG's too.
---
The Judge, Jury, and Executioner
#7DelsinRowe(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 8:00:11 PM
Purification posted...
DelsinRowe posted...
harcoreblazer posted...

I guess you would REALLY hate JRPG's that are first person where you can't see your characters.

Yeah I definitely would. What games are like that?
---
You are not in control.
#8Devilman_AmonPosted 4/19/2013 8:00:47 PM
kaiser ryu posted...
I generally like everything. Except RTSs.

Well Super Robot Wars Scramble Commander 2nd wasn't bad since you had manual mode
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#9The_MPerPosted 4/19/2013 8:03:20 PM
harcoreblazer posted...

Same here. One would say I'm a Jack of all trades.
---
PSN: The_MPer --- XBL: The U is Silent --- Steam: So Zetta Slow --- Wii: Don't play this online
#10PurificationPosted 4/19/2013 8:04:01 PM
DelsinRowe posted...
Purification posted...
DelsinRowe posted...
harcoreblazer posted...

Yeah I definitely would. What games are like that?

Most older JRPG's and WRPG's too. A lot of RPG's from the 90's (especially WRPG's) were done first person style.

Nowadays, only specific JRPG's targeting a niche audience are like that. The Etrian Odyssey series for one (DS/3DS). Although I'm a big fan of the games for their difficulty though. I generally prefer JRPG's (whether they are turn based or action based like Souls) that go with challenge over grinding. There's nothing like overcoming extremely hard odds that no matter how much grind you do, its not gonna help.
---
The Judge, Jury, and Executioner