This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Played the demo of DmC finally: I'm not sure why everyone rags on it so much.

#1RyuVegasPosted 4/19/2013 7:40:28 PM
It seems like a genuinely interesting, complex, and well made game. And jesus christ is it a visual overload(Which I absolutely adore and DmC's general aesthetic is probably my favorite part of the game, aside from the obvious Combat). And this was just from the Demo! I almost never get sold on a game from its Demo as I know that most of the time they don't accurately represent the full game very well.

Is it just because of the "LOL @ Ninja Theory. They are s*** developers" mentality people have? I mean I get the dialog is kind of ludicrous but it kind of grew on me but this is still a CAPCOM game, so the dialog being bad isn't much of a surprise, or is it just because they changed Dante? Which, btw, I find his personality in this game rather awesome. So I still don't get all the complaints.

Anyone care to enlighten me? I don't see why this isn't being seen as a good game.
---
http://backloggery.com/ryuvega NP: Portal 2, 3DS Games
'I've seen Ryu on the MtG board so he's already cooler than most of you.' ~ XImperialDragon
#2jubjub360Posted 4/19/2013 7:42:06 PM
RyuVegas posted...
It seems like a genuinely interesting, complex, and well made game. And jesus christ is it a visual overload(Which I absolutely adore and DmC's general aesthetic is probably my favorite part of the game, aside from the obvious Combat). And this was just from the Demo! I almost never get sold on a game from its Demo as I know that most of the time they don't accurately represent the full game very well.

Is it just because of the "LOL @ Ninja Theory. They are s*** developers" mentality people have? I mean I get the dialog is kind of ludicrous but it kind of grew on me but this is still a CAPCOM game, so the dialog being bad isn't much of a surprise, or is it just because they changed Dante? Which, btw, I find his personality in this game rather awesome. So I still don't get all the complaints.

Anyone care to enlighten me? I don't see why this isn't being seen as a good game.

It's a solid game.
#3CammyApplePosted 4/19/2013 7:42:46 PM
Because gamers have gotten to a point where they would prefer to find fault with a gamer rather than play it. Everyone wants to get their voice out there on the internet and it's easier and less risky to do so by hating things than it is to express genuine like for something.

In short, people have too much time.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#4CrimsonGear80Posted 4/19/2013 7:43:06 PM
For the first 8 months after the game was announced, the game sucked because of hair color.

yeah, that's all you need to know....
---
Glad DmC shipped a million copies and was a success. Supporting risk-takers and change is how the industry grows.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif
#5king_maddenPosted 4/19/2013 7:56:44 PM
its a good game. its just not what they wanted, so they have to bash it endlessly because it gives their lives purpose.
#6ImDyinSquirtlePosted 4/19/2013 8:00:49 PM
Yeah there was nothing wrong with the game, and Dante looks like a regular person

Guess people just didn't like the fact that he didn't have long hair, like most other Japanese characters
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#7Lord_ProsperPosted 4/19/2013 8:04:10 PM
Dante is somewhat of an iconic character, drastically changing everything about him was bound to lead to backlash. If they had called it something different and changed all the names it would probably have done better.

That being said, I had fun with it. I just completely ignored it had anything to do with Devil May Cry. (And I got the PC version so it would run at 60 FPS.)
#8velvet_hammerPosted 4/19/2013 8:13:29 PM(edited)
very average game in the genre.. classic dmcs where near the top not middle bottom. doesnt matter how good everything else is when the gameplay and combat is a joke of its former self
---
"My style is welfare, half of you b****** is on it!!
Was born with a halo, when broke, I had to pawn it" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olVPXpGohII
#9CammyApplePosted 4/19/2013 8:13:41 PM
velvet_hammer posted...
very average game in the genre.. classic dmcs where near the top not middle bottom

Classics such as 2 and 4?
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#10velvet_hammerPosted 4/19/2013 8:16:22 PM
CammyApple posted...
velvet_hammer posted...
very average game in the genre.. classic dmcs where near the top not middle bottom

Classics such as 2 and 4?

4 was awesome 2 was a crapper but at least they made up for it with 3 and 4.. only nero blows 4 is great
---
"My style is welfare, half of you b****** is on it!!
Was born with a halo, when broke, I had to pawn it" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olVPXpGohII