This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Played the demo of DmC finally: I'm not sure why everyone rags on it so much.

#71CrimsonGear80Posted 4/20/2013 4:32:34 AM
Dialogue: **** you, **** you, no - **** you...

Whenever i see someone say this, i know they haven't played the game.

*safety Spoilers*

The Senator in Metal Gear Rising literally says double the amount of the "F" words than Dante did in DmC, and that's just in a single cut-scene. Dante didn't even say it that much.
---
Glad DmC shipped a million copies and was a success. Supporting risk-takers and change is how the industry grows.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif
#72digidevilwilPosted 4/20/2013 5:25:02 AM
Feels really dumbed down, and very hold your hand design. Slow game, no lock on, so it feels like your combat direction is more mindless. You can't stock charges during certain actions, which is a massive wtf. The level design is a complete joke, just box after box after box.
---
PSN: PandaKingEX
#73Merc123Posted 4/20/2013 5:35:35 AM
You know why i don't like DmC. It has nothing to do with the game itself, it may even be a good game, it has to do with how Capcom came up with this game.

DMC4 sold more than any of the previous DMC games, so the next logical step was to reboot it right? Yeah thats a great idea. Its a reboot that the series did not need and no one really wanted. Old fans were alienated and the series did not get new fans leading to bad sales, and Capcom was too dumb to figure out why, oh and you also had NT badmouthing the fanbase.

The second part is DMC4 left with its storyline still open and questions unanswered for a sequel, a sequel that probably will not happen because Capcom has probably killed the DMC series and will say something like, " We have stopped making DMC games since the sales of DmC has told us the there is no demand for them"
#74HorrorSindicatePosted 4/20/2013 5:41:24 AM(edited)
It was a reboot of a franchise that was only popular among the fans of the franchise and had no Cache Name Value. Dante is not Batman, Spider-Man or Ninja Turtles... His brand has limited value outside hardcore fans who don't need/want a reboot. Reboots are cool if it's a brand that has run it's course, or is antiquated, it's not so cool when it's an obvious cash grab.

Rebooting for the sake of rebooting is stupid and CC hopefully learned this from their actions.

Also they changed the Frame Rate, Combat and other things that fans of the series like/enjoy/expect. Honestly if the combat was as good as Bayonetta I would probably still play/buy the game.

This game could have been worked on and known internally as a DMC Reboot while changing the characters, story a bit and name and there would probably been very little backlash (and little to no sales difference). But to write off the last 4 (3) games of the main canon without any real explaination as to why was a very crumby thing to do.
---
I've seen the future, baby: it is murder
#75digidevilwilPosted 4/20/2013 5:51:31 AM
Also, lets just forget about the DMC series in general, why? BAYONETTA, BAYONETTA, BAYONETTA.

This game created a new standard for this style of action game. This new DmC game was so focused on just trying to be as good as the previous games, while Bayonetta already took a **** all over those games. Capcom is really far behind in the action game race right now.
---
PSN: PandaKingEX
#76HorrorSindicatePosted 4/20/2013 5:56:31 AM
Well on the bright side CC's done so much damage to the Brand of DMC they might sell it at a discounted price to Plat... Would love a Kamiya helmed DMC X Bayonetta game.
---
I've seen the future, baby: it is murder
#77vashtrichamPosted 4/20/2013 6:04:30 AM
CrimsonGear80 posted...
Crystal Skull was a hell of a lot better than Temple of Doom.

Temple of Doom was an hour-and-a-half of unpleasantness with an amazing final half-hour. Crystal Skull was at least fully entertaining, despite Shia Labeouf looking woefully out-of-place.

LOL LOL LOL
---
Injustice Main: Superman Sub: Green lantern and Flash
#78656stoogePosted 4/20/2013 6:25:33 AM
CrimsonGear80 posted...
Dialogue: **** you, **** you, no - **** you...

Whenever i see someone say this, i know they haven't played the game.

*safety Spoilers*

The Senator in Metal Gear Rising literally says double the amount of the "F" words than Dante did in DmC, and that's just in a single cut-scene. Dante didn't even say it that much.

You and I don't get along, but no one can argue that. I swear I considered taking my Rising disc out and throwing it in the trash half way through that cutscene. It's the reason you'll never see me praising the game on here, despite it having decent gameplay. That and the George character formally known as Jar-Jar Binks.
---
How to treat a woman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syRQ7iShpzY
#79Sephivengeance9Posted 4/20/2013 6:42:26 AM
Pinoy441 posted...
SilentS89 posted...
Game is a downgrade, only casuals, people with no exposure to the franchise, or people with low standards could possibly find enjoyment.

Issues:
Color coded enemies Opinion : Giving all that variety and then subsequently taking it away for no good reason is a legitimate gameplay complaint, it doesn't make an enemy challenging, it just serves to limit what the player can do.
Downgraded to 30fps from 60fps. Opinion for graphic junkies only : Wrong, the framerate drop basically slowed the entire game down, lead to simplified, and shallow combat, and required the devs to make moves easier to combo into. The drop to 30fps is most likely the single largest reason for the gameplay getting so casualised.
No taunting. Useless feature : THIS, is an opinion.
No Lock-on. One out of two only real complaints : Nope, I've listed why some of the other complaints are legitimate.
Didn't ship with Bloody Palace. Two out of two only real complaints : See the above statement.
Lots and lots of glitches. What game were you playing cause I know alot of people who havent had this game glitch on em : Just because they didn't experience the glitches doesn't mean they didn't exist, said people were just lucky enough not to trigger them.

There are many more flaws in my opinion to go with this.

The game deserves less flak than it gets.

---
My Agent Hunt vids.
http://tinyurl.com/caoo5f3
#80Bronze_StuffPosted 4/20/2013 6:52:51 AM
Not great. Not bad. It's decent. It's not worthy of hatred, but I wouldn't be praising it too much either. I'd buy it for about $40. I don't think it's worth $60.
---
Jimbo.