This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So uh... what did SE do for the Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary here in the West?

#11RyuuHou25Posted 4/20/2013 3:54:03 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
You need to use faulty logic. Final Fantasy turns 25 this year. It doesn't matter that it's not in the west. If you're 20 years old before moving from Japan to the US... then it's not like you turn 5, 5 years later. No, you turn 25.

Also, the collection box is Japan only. Theatrhythm is the only decent attempt we got at an anniversary game. All The Bravest turned out to be one of the worst cases of publishers scamming money out of consumers and it's only on iOS (really, no FF fan gives a f*** about the anniversary on a horrible gaming platform). Most of the games aren't even anniversary games. They're games that came out during the year of anniversary, which is different.

And despite you saying "worldwide events", most things aren't even in reach for most of the fans. They can't just expect fans to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars/euros worth of money to visit an event.

You seriously need the word anniversary slapped on it to make you see it as an anniversary game? Good lord.

Hate to break this to you, FF was largely IGNORED in the west up until 7 came out, so claiming they should do something for people like yourself is absolute BS.

You do also realize, there have been FF concerts throughout the US and Canada the last year or so too? Quite in fact, it's STILL going on

http://www.ffdistantworlds.com/

Hate to break this to you, but if you want to go to any event, it's quite likely you WILL have to spend hundreds or thousands. No major event can go to EVERY SINGLE TOWN OR CITY in the world.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#12Spiroth_KweehhPosted 4/20/2013 4:12:28 AM(edited)
I personally am always amazed at people from USA claiming they deserve more FINAL FANTASY in English and deserve even more stuff, as if they are owed it.

Meanwhile, I got my first release of FINAL FANTASY in 1998, I never got my FINAL FANTASY in Greek, and never ever had a concert take place here.
Meanwhile you have a concert each year in multiple locations within USA.
With 20$ tickets too.

So, you shouldn't complain.
A fan is someone chasing something after all. Not the opposite.

FINAL FANTASY is doing so many things for its fans, probably most in gaming industry, to cater to every type of FINAL FANTASY fan.
Not even Mario did as much.
It's then the fans responsibility to use the Tribute Square Enix made for them.
Not choose and pick through self created criteria of what's eligible and what's not.

---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#13gfaqster(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 8:19:30 AM
bump
---
We live to make the impossible possible!
-Lightning-