This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which series do you believe has advanced more?

#1AngryEgoOfJonZXPosted 4/20/2013 7:28:23 AM
A friend and I were having an argument as to which series has advanced more throughout the years, Pokemon or Final Fantasy. He said Pokemon has advanced more whereas I said Final Fantasy advanced more. I think by advancement, I mean advancement by any means, e.g storyline, graphically, sound, music etc. I'd really like to hear which series you guys believe evolved and aged better throughout the years and why you believe that.
#2PHEEliNUXPosted 4/20/2013 7:29:32 AM
Neither?

Both of them "Devolved" of what they were
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
"Lesser Demon is less than a Demon, But more than an Imp"
#3HorrorSindicatePosted 4/20/2013 7:30:43 AM
DId you post this on the 3DS board also? I don't think this board will give you a balanced take on the question. From what I have seen I'd say FF but to be honest I have very limited exposure to Pokemon games. I own most of the handhelds it's been on but never cared to play the games personally.
---
I've seen the future, baby: it is murder
#4Still__RippinPosted 4/20/2013 7:31:17 AM
PHEEliNUX posted...
Neither?

Both of them "Devolved" of what they were

---
Day Man! AAHHHH!! Fighter of the Night Man. AAAHHHH!! Champion of the Sun! He's a master of karate and friendship for everyone!
#5Lockheart34Posted 4/20/2013 7:33:06 AM
Pokemon has got better, but hasn't advanced that much.
Final Fantasy has got worse, but has advanced alot.
---
PSN: Kamurotetsu
#6HorrorSindicatePosted 4/20/2013 7:42:27 AM
I feel that FF made big strides for a very long time. I agree that 12 and 13 were misteps but how many games after FF1 were better than it? I think it's generally agreed all of them except maybe part 2.
---
I've seen the future, baby: it is murder
#7ARMs7777Posted 4/20/2013 7:51:17 AM(edited)
Of the two clearly its FF, even though alot of us hate what has become of it.
#8CojiroseanPosted 4/20/2013 7:53:10 AM
Final Fantasy has advanced more. Pokemon still uses 2d style movement, similar to that of FFVI and below.
---
Not changing until DeSu: Overclocked gets to Australia. Started: 20/02/13 AND is actually playable. 01/04/13
#9thepromisedlandPosted 4/20/2013 9:54:57 AM
Final Fantasy.

Pokemon has had no major game play tweaks or visual improvements since Gen 3.

FF XIII is almost entirely different from the original, and if it wasn't for the terrible directing decisions it could have turned out reasonably well.