This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Perfect Games

#1Q_SenseiPosted 4/20/2013 7:02:10 AM
What are some perfect games you've played?

Here are the ones I've played:

Dark Souls
Mega Man 9
Okami
Resident Evil 4
Portal
Journey

All of these games do what they do almost perfectly, I literally find it impossible to find any flaws that might take you out of the experience. I am not without my complaints, but all of them are usually followed by my acknowledgment that if you take out those parts it would detract from the overall experience.

Some runners up (And examples of the flaw that keeps them from making my perfect list):

Dragon's Dogma (Story is AMAZING but you wouldn't know that until you beat the game.)

Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth (Time system is quirky and main villain a little weak.)

Final Fantasy Tactics (Could have been a little more focused on the strategy and less focused on grinding up your job classes.)

Xenogears (The obvious Second CD problem.)

Bastion (This one is so dang close. I just think it's a little imbalanced as far as the challenge goes because of the whole Idol thing.)

Shadow of the Colossus (What's up with the lizards anyway?)

I think all of these are absolutely fantastic, but each of them have something that either doesn't make sense or just isn't very good.

How about you? What games do you think are perfect?

This is of course in YOUR OPINION, so in before someone comes in on their soapbox to say that "There's no such thing as a perfect game."
---
http://i.imgur.com/Gel15.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GOZjlwIwfk&ob=av2e If you click my sig, make sure you watch at least 60 seconds.
#2PHEEliNUXPosted 4/20/2013 7:03:12 AM
Touhou Perfect Cherry Blossom
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
"Lesser Demon is less than a Demon, But more than an Imp"
#3RioichiCooperPosted 4/20/2013 7:05:31 AM
Metroid Prime. The only game I dare to call perfect.
---
All attempts at duplicating it have ended in disaster: four test subjects were horribly broken and twisted when they engaged our Morph Ball prototypes.
#4Q_Sensei(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 7:07:31 AM
RioichiCooper posted...

I have to admit, that one is pretty good if Memory serves well.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Gel15.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GOZjlwIwfk&ob=av2e If you click my sig, make sure you watch at least 60 seconds.
#5HorrorSindicatePosted 4/20/2013 7:10:24 AM
Mega Man X
Bayonetta
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne
Final Fantasy VI
Chrono Trigger
Super Mario RPG
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Super Mario Bros. 3
Dead Rising (1)
Little Nemo The Dream Master
Ducktales (1)
Mega Man X2
MGS 2 & 3
---
I've seen the future, baby: it is murder
#6SoliquidusPosted 4/20/2013 7:10:44 AM
I don't believe anything is perfect, so I don't think there are any perfect games

Tekken Tag, and Sons of Liberty are 2 of my fave games ever tho, and they are as close as possible to the concept of perfection in my opinion. At least when it comes to gaming, and what they meant at the time
---
PS3 without Immersion lacks Rumble and PS3 without Rumble lacks Immersion. Finally Sony did the right thing
#7HorrorSindicatePosted 4/20/2013 7:11:32 AM
RioichiCooper posted...

That reminds me

Super Metroid
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
---
#8CojiroseanPosted 4/20/2013 7:11:48 AM
Xenoblade Chronicles
Persona 4
Banjo Tooie
Metroid Prime
Zelda Majoras Mask
---
Not changing until DeSu: Overclocked gets to Australia. Started: 20/02/13 AND is actually playable. 01/04/13
#9HorrorSindicatePosted 4/20/2013 7:21:24 AM(edited)
Soliquidus posted...
I don't believe anything is perfect, so I don't think there are any perfect games

Tekken Tag, and Sons of Liberty are 2 of my fave games ever tho, and they are as close as possible to the concept of perfection in my opinion. At least when it comes to gaming, and what they meant at the time

I think of perfection in more abstract than literal terms. If a game is almost impossible to improve upon and most additions would be superfluous distracting from the core fun/emotional resonance of a game (or any work of art). It's close enough to perfection to acknowledge.
---
#10JohnHitman47Posted 4/20/2013 7:18:12 AM
I see someone mention RE4 so i have no problem posting this:

RE 6

also

RDR
BF BC 2 (perfect military FPS)
Spec ops
Demon's souls

Those are from this gen.
---