This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can my Playstation be causing the power to go out in my bedroom?

#1KenshinXSlayerPosted 4/20/2013 12:00:37 PM
I know that sounds stupid to say but either my circuit breaker is going bad or my Playstation is causing the outage. This is the fifth time this has happened. I live in an apartment complex and the place went into a remodeling phase and the tenants were worried about how they rewired the place because one of the apartments caught fire afterwards. Everything shuts off in my bedroom but the kitchen, living room and bathroom will continue to have power. I went all night without the PS3 on and nothing happend but I started playing a game and about 20 minutes later, the power shuts off. I'll have to contact my landlord on Monday about this but is such a thing feasible to have a game console, use up so much power to shut off? I'm assuming it's probably a fault in the breaker.
---
Currently Playing-Tomb Raider
Waiting On-Dark Souls II, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
#2dkconklinPosted 4/20/2013 12:01:36 PM
Do you have an older ps3?
#3KenshinXSlayer(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 12:03:19 PM
I do. The MGS4 80 GB bundle.
---
#4Jx1010Posted 4/20/2013 12:04:04 PM
Did anyone use a microwave, vacuum, iron or hair dryer when power went out?

Those things do suck power
more than the PS3 in my opinion
#5KenshinXSlayer(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 12:05:27 PM
I live alone and all that was on were the TV/PS3, a small fan and my laptop, all connected to a surge protector.
---
#6Pereb27Posted 4/20/2013 12:06:39 PM
No. even your model only uses 200W.
#7Jx1010Posted 4/20/2013 12:08:05 PM
KenshinXSlayer posted...
I live alone and all that was on were the TV/PS3, a small fan and my laptop, all connected to a surge protector.

This might be '' it ''

tv + ps3 + laptop to the same surge protector
I suggest to try connecting one of these items apart from the other 2.... all 3 in the same plug / surge might be it.

After all, this shouldnt be happening to ur landlord should check it out
#8crazyman32Posted 4/20/2013 12:10:22 PM
No.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I apologize for nothing.
#9KenshinXSlayer(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 12:11:12 PM
Let me correct myself as I typed this too quickly. The TV is connected to the outlet, my laptop charger is in the surge protector and my fan is in another outlet. I guess it doesn't really matter.
---
#10krullPosted 4/20/2013 12:15:42 PM
It's possible but you'd have to be pretty close to surging already, I found that with my sound system, plasma tv, and PS3 running I CANNOT add a George Foreman Grill to the same breaker without crashing the whole kit and caboodle for example. I think that's mainly the grill though...
I have like 90 things going through a mess of linked power strips all in the same outlet, that can't be your problem >_>
---
Think not that we are beaten. Think not we are restrained. We stand, unflinching witness, defiant now, Unchained.
~To Strive To Seek To Find And Not To Yield~